Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:07 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times

Advertisements

Wish I could help on location in Denver, but I cannot as I have only visited and am not that familiar with the area. I'd say, where you end up would depend on where you are working since Denver metro covers a lot of ground.

That said, I wouldn't feel funny about starting over at 34. You have a LONG working career to go. If you want to start over, now is a great time!

I am in the same boat as you. I absolutely love the Denver area. I love the outdoor activity options, the climate, the scenery... and because of it I am looking into heading out there and starting over at 30. Part of my desire is motivated by the likelihood that the office I work in will close within a year too, but I was researching and applying for jobs before that news came down.

Good luck to you, and go for it! There is no reason not to if it is what you really want to do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 08:21 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Don't bet the farm on it.

Denver Christmas Weather Statistics

CHRISTMAS DAY 2006...

CHRISTMAS 2006 STILL HAD 15 INCHES OF SNOW ON THE GROUND STILL LEFT OVER FROM THE WINTER STORM THAT OCCURRED ON THE 21ST AND 22ND. THERE WAS EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT OF SNOWFALL ON THE DAY THAT SAINT NICK DOES HIS FAMOUS RIDE. IN FACT...DECEMBER 2006 BECAME DENVER'S 3RD SNOWIEST DECEMBER IN DENVER WEATHER HISTORY SINCE 1882. THE MONTH FINISHED WITH A WHOPPING 29.4 INCHES WHICH WAS 20.7 INCHES ABOVE THE NORMAL OF 8.7 INCHES. THE IRONY OF DECEMBER 2006 IS THERE WERE ONLY 4 DAYS WITH MEASURABLE SNOW...20.7 ON THE 20TH AND 21ST AND 8.0 INCHES ON THE 28TH AND 29TH. TEMPERATURES ON CHRISTMAS DAY 2006 RANGED FROM 43 DEGREES DOWN TO 11 DEGREES.

WoW!! Don't stick your tongue to any metal fence pole out there

Old 08-18-2008, 01:16 PM

9 posts, read 26,738 times
This is all great to hear, as I just turned 36 and am visiting Denver in a couple weeks to decide about a move there from the east. I have extended family in Boulder and want to be closer, plus I need a city with more going on (I'm in Raleigh NC where there is definetely NOT enough happening!).
I grew up in Vermont so do miss the mountains, but am not looking for extremely harsh winters.

I am in real estate and heard the market out there is tough right now, but I guess it will be a good time to buy!
Any words of wisdom are much appreciated., Tonia

Old 08-20-2008, 12:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
DECEMBER 2006 BECAME DENVER'S 3RD SNOWIEST DECEMBER IN DENVER WEATHER HISTORY SINCE 1882.

CHRISTMAS DAY 2005...

Indicating this is somewhat unusual.

IT WAS WARM AND DRY ON CHRISTMAS DAY 2005. ONLY 4.1 INCHES OF SNOWFALL WAS RECORDED FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH AND THAT OCCURRED NEAR THE BEGINNING OF THE MONTH. IT WAS COMPLETELY DRY FROM DECEMBER 21ST THROUGH DECEMBER 31ST. THE TEMPERATURES RANGED FROM 69 TO 35 DEGREES.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM

8 posts, read 24,082 times
my plan b is a denver relocation also, as soon as divorce is final. i have been reading a lot of posts from people with similar plans...i do hope to meet people who take time to develop real friendships. while living in california, it was next to impossible to see my closest friends who always had numerous commitments. now that i am living in europe, where we take three to four week holidays and take daily siesta's from noon to three and actually close our businesses and sleep, it may be hard to adjust to big city living...we'll see.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 PM

399 posts, read 1,549,775 times
Good luck to all of you relocating. I am here! Just two months ago, I was standing on Duval Street with ANOTHER beer in my hand and dreaming of how I could ever make this happen...I had to sell my 40" tv, but I am here. And so glad I came. Now it's just getting a job so I know next month I won't be staring at the mountains all day and night from a corner!

Enjoy life, plan for the worst but hope for the best. And if you haven't already, watch the movie or read the book about "The Secret" It explains a lot of the reason I had the cajones if you will to just go from a great paying job in Key West to get back to my mountains...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver