Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 PM

3,970 posts, read 7,670,674 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have insight on the areas of Denver that are near Nome Park? or:
S Havana St and S Parker Rd, near E Colfax?
or:
S Monaco Parkway and S Syracuse, E Yale?

seeing some homes for sale in my price range here and want to get a sense of the area, demographics, property values, etc, these areas seem to be near Univ of Colo and the Fiyzsimmons areas.
If anyone has any thoughts or know these areas, please share!
also:
what bordering streets of Colfax should I stay away from? Is East Colfax any better than West Colfax?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 03:50 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,803,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
Does anyone have insight on the areas of Denver that are near Nome Park? or:
S Havana St and S Parker Rd, near E Colfax?
I think you mean Peoria, not Parker, but I guarantee you nobody here on C-D will recommend that area.

I would say, if anything that area has more of an upside in the future, due to the hospital's proximity, but for now isn't known as desirable.

Quote:
or:
S Monaco Parkway and S Syracuse, E Yale?
That area is nice. Not near Fitzsimmons however.

Quote:
what bordering streets of Colfax should I stay away from? Is East Colfax any better than West Colfax?
West Colfax isn't known as desirable through the Denver city limits. East Colfax is nice enough all the way east from Broadway to Quebec. After that, however, it isn't exactly "desired".

Disclaimer: I don't avoid anywhere, and would feel perfectly safe anywhere. I'm just providing the general opinion on these areas.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 AM

Default thank you

thank you, that is a big help!

Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM

Default to david aguilar:

Hi-
thank you for your insight, I lost track of where your reply went, but I don't mind a condo or townhome, I just don't want to be in a neighborhood which is run down, lots of old toys in yards, noisy, rusty cars on blocks, peeling paint, run down houses, dead lawns, etc.
but since this is my 1st time buying a home, I can't afford downtown city life, but don't want the worst Denver has either. I would hope there would be some kind of happy medium.
I don't want to be out too far from town, even if I was on a light rail line, I do spend a lot of time downtown, bars, nightlife, shopping, movies, etc, but I don't have to live in the middle of it all either. Thornton and Northglenn are too far.
I will take a closer look at the areas you noted, but GVR and Montbello are out for sure!!
thanks again! I appreciate your feedback!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:12 PM

220 posts, read 746,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
West Colfax isn't known as desirable through the Denver city limits. East Colfax is nice enough all the way east from Broadway to Quebec. After that, however, it isn't exactly "desired".
Apparently you are not familiar with East Colfax and what is going on beyond Quebec Street. Have you heard of the Anschutz Medical Campus on Colfax? The surrounding of the Anschutz Medical Campus is up and coming. There is money to be made with the right purchase price of a home in that area.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Default hi RonAriba

No, I'm not that familiar with it. I work in the medical field and have yet to apply for jobs, in a different post, I asked about the healthcare job search and got no reply.
But if this area also had possible medical employment, than perhaps looking in this area will be worthwhile? thank you, I will look into into it for sure!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:44 PM

13,824 posts, read 29,803,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAriba View Post
Apparently you are not familiar with East Colfax and what is going on beyond Quebec Street. Have you heard of the Anschutz Medical Campus on Colfax? The surrounding of the Anschutz Medical Campus is up and coming. There is money to be made with the right purchase price of a home in that area.
Yes, I'm quite familiar with it, I had to frequent the new Children's Hospital on a nearly daily basis for about a year.

I said something about the area around Nome Park as having more of an upside.

I also believe there is money to be made in that area, eventually. They are still working on tearing down the seedy hotels and trailer parks. If someone doesn't mind putting up with gentrification, then I say go for it.

East Colfax between Quebec and I'd say just about Peoria still isn't known as "desirable". Not that I wouldn't live in the area, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver