Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 AM

19 posts, read 81,105 times

Advertisements

I am moving to the Englewood/Littleton area and I can't seem to find any honest work at home jobs here!

Granted I am not a computer programmer or a CPA but I can't seem to find anything to what I'm used to. Traditionally I see Real Estate assistants, inbound call taking, or even just personal organizers. I'm not saying I'm limited to these types of jobs but where are they all?

It seems the only things I can find are the scams and "investment opportunities

Of course I have my home office phone fax internet copy machine really comfy chair and a quiet workspace...

I'm ready to go! But where are the employers!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:40 AM

272 posts, read 620,999 times
One company to consider is Denver-based Alpine Access. Their office is located near Downtown and I believe their entire business model is focused on WAH customer service. They're a legit company.

Alpine Access - Customer Care, Call Center, Work at Home

Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM

2 posts, read 12,376 times
Default They are all scams

I have never seen a real work at home job where you weren't self employed in some way. The only other option is to pop out a bunch of kids and collect welfare. Good luck!

Actually if you find something you should tell ME!

Last edited by pinnang; 09-04-2008 at 11:44 AM..

Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,764,799 times
ADP has offices in denver and after settling in the office they generally are okay with working at home.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:39 PM

19 posts, read 81,105 times
Thanks for the info. I looked up Alpine, aparently they are well known. I had no idea! I'll check them out!

Old 09-05-2008, 02:11 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotecman View Post
Thanks for the info. I looked up Alpine, aparently they are well known. I had no idea! I'll check them out!
Would love for you to report back your findings! I too am interested in an at-home job. Most of what I've looked into are nothing but scams.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Try Medical Transcribing. Take a class on it at your local college, they usually have job placement or give you ideas on where to apply. You use the computer they provide you and cannot use it for anything else.
I have a friend that does this and she makes $80,000 a year. She lives in Nevada, but you can do this job anywhere. But she has also been doing this for over 15 years.
Others just starting out make around $28,000 to start. Not bad really for work at home.

The other way to make money at home is to sign up with as many survey companies as possible, which would mean working an 8 hour day just doing surveys. Many companies pay cash, or you can turn points in for cash and other things. Also Amazon gift certificates, pay pal,etc. Go here to find a list of the best:
Survey Police - Identify Online Survey Scams, Rank Online Survey Panels
Also, some of the survey sites that dont always pay for each survey, like Greenfield, if you do enough surveys with them, they will offer you focus group opportunities and pay you between $25-75 per survey. That's when you join hundreds of others online at the same time, with a moderator, a product idea and you finish the survey. It's a fun thing to do.
Other places will offer you to come down in person to a live focus group and pay you anywhere from $50 on up to $150 or so just to test products and comment on them.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:52 PM

402 posts, read 1,266,476 times
I actually am a computer programmer, yet I don't work at home ;-( But besides that, the company I work for actually does employ some work at home people in order to do 3rd party verification (TPV) for companies. Basically someone agrees to buy something or change services (like your cable service or something) and the company needs a 3rd party to verify that the customer really is agreeing to the terms/conditions etc on the phone. So we record that portion of the conversation. We have software that does some voice recognition and stuff, but there are a number of situations where it can't be computerized. So we employ some work at home people to listen to these recordings and mark them as validated or not.

I have no idea what it pays or even if they need more people right now. The company is based in Texas, but the Voicelog division that does TPV is in Broomfield.

Here's the links:

BSG - the Leader in Payments (http://about.bsgclearing.com/aboutbsg/contactus/ - broken link)
(the last contact info listed there is the for the review and live operator stuff that I mentioned)

http://bsgclearing.com (broken link) <-- the parent company
BSG - the Leader in Payments <-- the TPV portion of the company

Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
I work from home most days, although I do have a desk in an office here. It's just that my boss and everyone I work with directly are in other offices around the country, so they don't care where I work from. But sometimes it's nice to get out of the house, and then I go in if I need to use the printer. I'd hate to be in an office 40 hours per week though.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:01 PM

2,075 posts, read 5,123,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
One company to consider is Denver-based Alpine Access. Their office is located near Downtown and I believe their entire business model is focused on WAH customer service. They're a legit company.

Alpine Access - Customer Care, Call Center, Work at Home
I interviewed with them several years ago and have since told several people about Alpine Access. My niece (in Texas) has been working for them for the past 3 months and loves it. She has kids and it's the perfect work situation for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver