Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 02:30 PM

264 posts, read 1,390,388 times

Advertisements

BTNS_TX
Thank you so much for putting together all this info about the south burbs! We just got back from visiting Denver and we love it. This info will help us greatly in our search for the right spot.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 01:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,152,786 times
Thank YOU for condensing all of that helpful info about HR. My hubby started a job in Littleton about 4 weeks ago, and we are trying to decide where to live. We also are leaning toward HR.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 AM

90 posts, read 635,599 times
You are all very welcome. I didn't provide any of the information, just a more convenient way to locate it all in place of hours of searching. There so much there, even I find something new when I reread it!

Old 02-11-2007, 11:28 AM

3 posts, read 10,711 times
Default to BTNS TX thank you

thank you thank you thank you,,,you have saved me hours...we live east of san diego about 15 miles and want to relocate to denver. my husbands sister lives in northglen and their brother in new jersey wants to retire there also. i am 56, husband 49 and we have a 20 year old daughter, 17 year old son and 14 year old son. we need a kid friendly area where to see their friends in the bad weather they won't have to drive miles over icy roads...so having lots of kids their age at hand is really what we want. we love the homes in castle rock, that is really where my husband wants to light. Homes are gorgeous and spacious compared to our 3000 sq ft home here,,,but I don't want to go overboard with space just because we can. I have a hard time keeping this clean,,,, if anyone has info on areas that have much to walk to from home, fun stuff for kids, or around water--i would love to live on waterfront property--and being near public transportation like l-rail would be great. I appreciate all info. We know California but are in the dark about Colorado. My husband has arthritis and aches in the cold here, does he have a chance to survive there? And I am a gardener and love to be working in the dirt. thanks a million, sissi

Old 02-14-2007, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 3,618 times
Smile Live In Highlands Ranch

Hi,
I just read your post and completely understand the confusion about where to live in Denver. We just moved here from Maryland, and were at a loss as where to live. We purchased a great home in HR for $400,000 but wish we would have purchased in Littleton. Lots seem to be bigger and homes have a more established feel, with bigger trees, shrubs etc, and homes are quite a bit cheaper. My husband is 52 and I am 48 with no children living at home. But I have a question for you. We are vacationing in San Diego in March and are looking for a nice (luxury) hotel that is on the beach. Any suggestions for us?

Old 02-14-2007, 05:45 PM

264 posts, read 1,390,388 times
Charliesd,

Try La Valencia in La Jolla, L'Auberge Del Mar in Del Mar, or maybe Paradise Point in Mission Bay (this one's on the bay, not the ocean).

The hotels in La Jolla or Del Mar will have a lot of shops/restaurants to walk to.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:21 PM

8 posts, read 42,556 times
I lived in Castle Pines which is inbetween Highlands Ranch and Castle Rock, its a very nice community, homes seem to have larger lots than in Highlands Ranch where you can see what your neighbor is cooking but its also alot more expensive. Living in Connecticut and working in NYC Denver was a culture shock for me, the things i missed most were the beach, greenery of the northeast and food.. However theres tons to do outside there, i still go back and go skiing, great communities to raise a family the schools are good, crime seems to be low. Its a nice place, watch out for altitude sickness. Drink lots of water and eat pasta lol.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:18 PM

19 posts, read 97,883 times
Can you please tell me how far CastlePines would be from the airport?

Thanks.

Old 02-16-2007, 01:35 PM

210 posts, read 1,344,912 times
Takin E-470 (a toll highway) it would probably be around 40-45 minutes. Taking I-225, I'd add 10-15 minutes.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:15 PM

39 posts, read 204,678 times
Great post, thank you!!

I have been researching a lot, as well.

We just went out there last weekend and purchased a home in Highlands Ranch. I was very impressed with the area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver