Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:52 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,345,471 times

Advertisements

IKEA is set to open to this Fall. Never been to one but from what I hear it is cool! I can't wait to check it out. I actually need some furniture but decided to wait and see what IKEA has to offer.

Am a big fan of American Furniture Warehouse as well!

Last edited by Mike from back east; 01-23-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 11:09 PM

6 posts, read 15,273 times
Just in case anyone is interested, Ikea has begun to list job openings. So far only 3 positions are listed for HR, Accounting, and Inventory Control. The Search careers option is at the bottom right hand side of the webpage.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM

357 posts, read 1,286,493 times
Ikea furniture is sometimes good. Love their patio furniture, it's lasted pretty well. The ektorp line is very good. I've had their sofa for over 8 years, and my 6 year old seems to think it's her personal jumping platform, not to mention that the 4 cats use it as a midstop between the floor and their 6 foot cat tree. it's survived all of that and looks and feels great. very comfy. the chair as well. Then there's the kid bed we bought for my daughter which we loved. it was a transition from crib to big bed, and worked beautifully. forget the name, but it was white, metal and made to expand to a full size bed. she loved it.

we are picky about the furniture stuff, and we love the pieces we have. can't wait...will be camping out in the fall need a few things

Old 02-07-2011, 01:20 PM

60 posts, read 74,019 times
MOST of Ikeas furniture is PURE junk. I plan to stay FAR away from Ikea for a year. I remember when the Cheesecake factory opened on the 16th St. Mall and there were HOURS of wait time for just AWFUL food.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,345,471 times
Pure Junk.......Really? I always heard good stuff on IKEA. I can't wait to check them out.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM

221 posts, read 525,425 times
Ikea stuff breaks way to easily and is just particle board. Good for price, not good for longevity.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM

60 posts, read 74,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoWeb View Post
Pure Junk.......Really? I always heard good stuff on IKEA. I can't wait to check them out.
I can't imagine that anyone could tell me to my face that they make good stuff.

The "wood" is just a fake veneer over PAPER. My current dining room table is paper on the inside, fake wood on the outside. It's like a painted particle board, kept together with screws.

My ENTIRE apartment is outfitted in Ikea. They DO have some stuff that is OK. The Ikea chair I have in my place has very nice leather and feels pretty solid - ditto my desk.

But NONE of their stuff is "nice".

Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 AM

9 posts, read 34,221 times
It's gonna be nice to have an Ikea in the area, but I don't plan on going there for months after it opens. Gonna have people from Vail to Limon and Cheyenne to Pueblo converging there - especially for the Christmas season. Traffic!

Old 02-09-2011, 07:35 PM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,209 times
IKEA stuff is "cool" (and I have some), but I wouldn't exactly say it's of high quality or destined to last for a very long time. I'm not saying it won't survive a move or two, either, but it's probably not something that'll get passed down to your children.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:46 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
The first-ever Ikea store in Colorado will open earlier than expected on July 27, 2011. Story in Denver Post.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver