Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM

2 posts, read 9,050 times

Advertisements

I know this may sound very naive but I am relocating from a Chicago suburb to the Denver area and I am tying to find a few resources for meeting people just to socialize and make friends and contacts in the gay community. Since I know very few people other then family friends, it is a very difficult task.
Any good ideas or links?

Ps... iare there any recomendations for a suburb of Denver with a great mountain view that is gay friendly?

Thanks for the help,

Barry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 09:53 AM

40 posts, read 204,049 times
In response to your question which suburbs are "gay friendly," it is my opinion that most of metro Denver is gay friendly. In addition to looking at the suburbs, I suggest you also consider living in central/downtown Denver around LODO, Capitol Hill, Uptown and Washington Park. These areas have more of an urban vibe and have more character than the suburbs. This is also where a large percentage of Denver's gay population lives. Also, most of the nightlife is centered around downtown. I also grew up in the suburbs of Chicago and have lived out here for about 3 years, I really like Colorado. Good luck!

Old 02-06-2007, 04:16 AM

2 posts, read 9,050 times
Thanks for responding, I have not been very fortunate so far in getting any responce from alot of people in some denver web sites.
It is nice to know that there are some nice people like youselfs who still give a darn.
I really do apprciate it.

Take care,

Barry

Old 02-06-2007, 07:49 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
Almost anywhere around the Denver area can have views. I have views from my house, but never seem to spend anytime gazing out the window. I love looking at them while I am driving to and fro...I love watching the sunset or the storms come over the hogback.

Where you live will depend on what you like and what you don't as far a community/commute/amenities/style/wants/needs and of course what you are willing to spend.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:00 PM

8 posts, read 34,798 times
Barry try Craig's List Denver/Boulder board and yes, I think downtown, which has lots of nice neighborhoods, is far more gay-friendly and urban hipster cool than any "suburb." Also try Lonely Planet's Web site on the Thorn Tree Branch. I know some Denver dudes are on there and they can maybe tell you more. FYI, single, gay-friendly, 41 yr old hipster chick, moving down to Denver from a 'burb an hour north, next month. Feel free to contact me.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:18 PM

23 posts, read 79,181 times
This website might help you meet new people with common interests - its more geared towards general interest but there are a bunch with orientation too.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/us/co/

Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM

4,190 posts, read 2,501,136 times
Default Gay Denver

Try gaydenver.com and lambdabusiness.com to start. The gay rodeo has regionals in the summer and I think the nationals this fall; the gay chorus, gay sierra club, gay cycling club; gay Democratic and Republican groups, Colorado Business Council for gay businesses, Prime Timers, DASL - the gay softball league, Colorado gay volleyball league, a gay gun club - just to mention a few. It is all there and as many groups as much larger cities.

Old 02-12-2007, 09:42 PM

74 posts, read 261,473 times
Cool We are also considering Denver

We are also considering moving to Denver (from San Francisco). Neither of us know anything about the city, other than it seems to be an ok place to live. We are a gay couple looking to find a more affordable place to buy a house than here (everything except Manhattan is less expensive than here!).

We will probably make a trip to Denver to check it out soon. We would prefer to live in the city.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:11 PM

11 posts, read 72,698 times
Hey Urban Boys - I'm a tranplanted Bay Area girl moving to Denver next month and I can assure you, you'll be pleased with the housing prices!!!

As for "Family"-friendly areas, my brother lived in Capitol Hill for 3 yrs before his passing and he loved it! (He always spoke of how great Boulder was also- and its closer to the mountains) Now mind you, nothing could ever replace the Castro in his heart, but Denver was the only place he said he really felt comfortable in the Midwest. Yes, there are a number of people that still need 'educating', but for the most part people in the Denver area are rather progressive, friendly and very welcoming - I couldn't live there otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver