Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 PM

33 posts, read 207,769 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am likely to get a job in S. Meridian blvd,Englewood (close to Lone Tree) and I live in Leetsdale dr at Quebec. I do not drive.

Please let me know how can I reach the place effectively.

I tried google map (rtd-denver information embedded into it), it says after 101 LR walk 50 mins!!! Which is pretty absurd (specially when winter is coming)

Thanks.........

Regards,
Deb
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 04:10 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,433,423 times
what about light rail?

Old 09-30-2008, 07:08 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,401,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb123 View Post
Hi,

I am likely to get a job in S. Meridian blvd,Englewood (close to Lone Tree) and I live in Leetsdale dr at Quebec. I do not drive.

Please let me know how can I reach the place effectively.

I tried google map (rtd-denver information embedded into it), it says after 101 LR walk 50 mins!!! Which is pretty absurd (specially when winter is coming)

Thanks.........

Regards,
Deb

Yes, you can get to Meridan Office Park on the Light Rail. At the Lincoln Station on the Southeast Line, there is a bridge, from the Station Park n' Ride Garage, over I-25, to Meridan and comes out at San Luis Ct. The Train Platform is right in front of the Parking Garage on the west side of I-25.

Now to get to bridge, all you need to do is to go to RTD website and look for the information and brochure on the Meridian Call n' Ride. You will see that their is a pre-set route that runs around Meridan to the entrance to the Bridge (This is called the flex route). In addition, you can order pre-arranged pickup at your place of business; this is good if you are not near the route and your office is within the Call n'Ride boundary. This is a frequent run bus and will have many commuters, so you will not be alone and the walk over the bridge is easy and would take less than 5 minutes to the platform from the Park n Ride dropoff, if you are young and healthy.

Note that the Park n Ride bus makes frequent trips to the pickup point/drop off point.

That takes care of where you work. Now, you got to get to the light rail from your home. You have many options of buses that will take you either to a station or a major route, that runs frequently, that stops at a station.

You say you live at Quebec and Leetsdale--that is just east of Glendale and you get a bus to Colorado Blvd. and take the 40 bus to the Colorado Station and then a train to Lincoln. You can also take
route 83L which goes to the Nine Mile Station, on Parker and take the G Line to Lincoln. It all depends on where you live.

If you can get to Colorado Blvd that would be preferential, as buses down Colorado are frequent and their are multiple trains to Lincoln from the Colorado Station.

Unfortunately, many of the information on the RTD website is not kept up to date, especially the online map and the interactive GIS map. However, the correct information is current on the Schedule page for all routes and the call n'rides.

You can also take a bike on buses and the train (you need a permit for the train). So you can bike to Colorado, take the train and easily bike over the bridge at Lincoln, right to work.

I have been at the Lincoln Station and did walk across this bridge, it was a year or so ago. I was at all the stations and walked all the bridges and tunnels just for insane fun. It took me more than 10 minutes but I am old and fat, have difficulty walking, if I remember this bridge correctly; I have some trouble with memory.

Hope all this helps.

You cannot see this bridge, at Lincoln, on many of the RTD maps but if you look at Google map, you can clearly see it over I-25.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 09-30-2008 at 07:19 PM..

Old 10-01-2008, 07:20 AM

6,802 posts, read 9,350,606 times
I live near Leetsdale and Quebec as well and now that school is back in session, I've been taking the 79: East Florida bus to the University of Denver light rail station. You could, also, depending on time, take the 73 south on Quebec to Evans and then pick up whichever bus runs along Evans (I think it's 21?) and that stops at the Colorado station. Or, you can take the 83L to Colorado Blvd and take the 40 from there. Hope this helps!

Old 10-01-2008, 02:10 PM

33 posts, read 207,769 times
Thanks for the help!!! (Quite details)
Another query, cowboyxjon, as you say to take LR from DU stn do the transfer(which I get from 79 bus) holds good for LR too? Or I need to get a new ticket?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver