Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2008, 02:59 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

I just couldn't put together enough good Denver night shots, so I combined these two. Hope you enjoy some of these;

Denver earlier in the year

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
YOwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You really make me wish I was back in Denver right now! I remember going to the White Fence Farm as a little kid. Nice to see pictures of the leaves turning colors. You know what? I have even seen fall for the last five years! Because for four years of Arizona and now one year of California I've been away at school during this season, so the last five years I've only seen Denver in the summer and in the dead of winter. I'm going to have to make my rounds though with the rep points before I can 'up you three more.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:23 PM

Ditto back at ya! I've been spoiled, so don't worry about that.

I never knew that I had missed this change of seasons phenom until I had noticed the dead of winter when there were no leaves on the trees, but the Pinion trees, the Cedars, and the Pine trees stay green. I basically had it narrowed down to two trees; green ones and barren ones.

Then I go back to California in early February and it's warm and everything is green! Well, maybe about 30% of the trees lose their leaves.

I would think Arizona has a nice fall too. Don't they have indigenous plants and scrub oak and stuff that turns golden and red? All of those plants that grow at that latitude and that altitude (palm trees for example).

I love the barren brown dirt in the dead of winter because it looks so cool when it's all covered over in snow and it makes us appreciate spring that much more.

What's a shame about Denver and places like that is that you're lucky to have the trees you have and when a snow storm comes too early or too late, hundreds and hundreds of trees get torn up. Many trees in this climate HAVE to lose their leaves for a while. But before they do, we get a brilliant encore.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:43 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Northern Arizona has a four season climate. Phoenix is almost identical to LA in terms of the kinds of plants and trees than can be grown-- palm trees galore-- where's it's pretty much year round green even in the winter with the lone exception of one or two types of non-native trees that lose their leaves for a whopping one or two months in December and January. There are trees though in PHX and LA that constantly shed leaves year round of course, but that's not really the same thing.

There is nothing more beautiful than blue skies with sunlight reflecting off a fresh blanket of snow and green pine trees dusted with snow.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:32 AM

So when we were downtown, I wanted to try to snap some shot from the hotel we were stayin' and I borrowed her camera to try to use the zoom and I just found the cable thingy tonight and this is what came up. Hope you enjoy;

Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM

Default Race for the Cure

You can see the runners on Colfax there on pics #16 and the second from the last one. That was going on when we were there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: