U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 AM

247 posts, read 708,431 times

Advertisements

Guys, this thread is two years old. I am am sure a housing choice has already been made. I am interested to hear where they landed and their impressions of the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 PM

90,346 posts, read 114,876,514 times
Unfortunately, we seldom hear back from these posters, especially if they end up not moving here.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,757 times
Colorado must be blowing up with people. Our plan is 2-3 years before the move near Denver. We are rural people and my husband does not mind a commute but I do. I will be going to graduate school in Littleton. But it seem very suburby. I would like to be able to take a bus to school if need be or a pedal in the weather permitting. Any suggestions as to what towns. Or would Littleton be okay you think? We are earthy humans. Where would we fit best?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:14 PM

305 posts, read 733,562 times
Oh My Gosh, Palo Alto . . . as in the Bay Area??? If it helps you decide, the cost of housing is about 4 times as expensive in Palo Alto as it is in Denver. I haven't been back to the Bay Area in about 10 years, but I hear the traffic is pretty horrendous there--not that it's anything to brag about in Denver either. ; )

Old 09-24-2010, 12:11 AM

5,484 posts, read 11,663,087 times
muondrt, if you want to cycle or take the bus to school (I'm assuming ACC), then you should look around the Littleton area. Yes, it is suburby, but there are also parts that still have a rural feel. Littleton was an established farming community before being swallowed into the Denver metro area, and there are still some parts of Littleton that have larger lots and even horses. There really aren't any "rural" towns that are within easy biking distance.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,560 times
Default Frederick, CO

One of the best small towns near denver is Frederick, CO. I've lived here now for many years and would recommend it to anyone. They have a wonderful little downtown area with free family activities almost every week. I know it's a bit of a drive from downtown Denver but if you're still looking I would check it out!

[url=http://www.frederickco.gov/index.aspx?NID=674]Small Towns Near Denver[/url]

Old 09-13-2014, 07:58 AM

90,346 posts, read 114,876,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muondrt View Post
Colorado must be blowing up with people. Our plan is 2-3 years before the move near Denver. We are rural people and my husband does not mind a commute but I do. I will be going to graduate school in Littleton. But it seem very suburby. I would like to be able to take a bus to school if need be or a pedal in the weather permitting. Any suggestions as to what towns. Or would Littleton be okay you think? We are earthy humans. Where would we fit best?
Littleton has a "quaint" downtown area that is really nice, also an "old town". I think it would work just fine for you. If you are going to grad school (seminary?) you need to be near school b/c it takes up a lot of your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplenation32 View Post
One of the best small towns near denver is Frederick, CO. I've lived here now for many years and would recommend it to anyone. They have a wonderful little downtown area with free family activities almost every week. I know it's a bit of a drive from downtown Denver but if you're still looking I would check it out!

Small Towns Near Denver
While I agree about Frederick, it would be impossible for the commuter to Littleton.

Old 01-07-2015, 01:45 PM

45 posts, read 43,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muondrt View Post
Colorado may be blowing up, but Houston has half the population of Colorado inside it.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,018 times
Hi moving to retire in Colorado.from Tampa looKing for nice quiet place any suggestions

Old 07-31-2015, 12:14 PM

11,381 posts, read 10,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by House tax View Post
any suggestions
Start a new thread and be as specific as possible about what you want and need. Include budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver