Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:51 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times

Advertisements

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I don't think anyone is too young to be religious, unless you are under 10, but even then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 01:58 PM

8,321 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
I see. Thanks for the clarification. I don't think anyone is too young to be religious, unless you are under 10, but even then...
Hate to deviate from the original thread topic but...again, I was being sarcastic WTME. I think you took my words a bit too seriously.

Don't like to talk about politics or religion openly because I am not educated or that interested in either.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:50 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
It's interesting these two threads are located right next to each other:

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...runk-city.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...er-boring.html

Old 11-23-2008, 12:58 AM

140 posts, read 429,612 times
It was funny, the other day I was in Argonaut liquors and that place was a mad house. You had people at the counters with these lists of liquor to purchase and people carrying boxes full of bottles out the door. Should be interesting when the two-story location opens up next door. Maybe it's because of all the sports teams here. I found that I just couldn't watch the Avs tonight without a beer. (No offence: Avs; at least you pulled it off in the end)

Old 11-24-2008, 09:38 AM

HA! good point Charles! My response to the Drunken City was that people are bored and are therefore drinking more!! (I do think Denver can be very boring for certain types, me included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's interesting these two threads are located right next to each other:

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...runk-city.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/denve...er-boring.html

Old 11-24-2008, 09:39 AM

Actually, what you are seeing is the holiday rush. Have you been in the grocery store lately? There used to be off times, but now it's all the time as Thanksgiving gets closer. Check out Argonaut the day or two before New Years, total chaos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenShores View Post
It was funny, the other day I was in Argonaut liquors and that place was a mad house. You had people at the counters with these lists of liquor to purchase and people carrying boxes full of bottles out the door. Should be interesting when the two-story location opens up next door. Maybe it's because of all the sports teams here. I found that I just couldn't watch the Avs tonight without a beer. (No offence: Avs; at least you pulled it off in the end)

Old 11-24-2008, 10:18 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Colo. Springs lol, that's just because of all the military there. Really, I think the reason we are more fit is because of our atmosphere. You don't see people in the south out running because it's FREAKING HOT!! And then there's that omg so yummy southern food. Not so much of a surprise to see all the coastal cities as healthy, IMHO the coasts are usually going to hold more progressive people.

The drinking one, I don't know. Maybe because for those of us who aren't into hiking, biking, fishing, etc. are bored here and so drink. hahahha

Those are the people sitting out on their balconies in Denver as the sun is setting drinking a hot toddy or something gazing at the mountains like "man, they are beautiful, I'll go skiing up in them some day" ....... and then take a nice long sip....... haha

Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 AM

Subaru: For some I suppose. Again, I suspect that there are many here who aren't gazing at the mtns. thinking about skiing. I for one am gazing at my computer getting the best ticket to Florida. I just don't think that everyone here is in love with the mtns. We need to move. But for now, drinking will do!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: