Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 7,392 times

Advertisements

o.k.- so i move to highlands ranch- it's dog friendly right- dog parks, everyone(almost) has at least one-heck, there's even a shopping center 2 miles away where i can take my dogs to shop!!!! well, lucky me, i live right smack dab in between 2 apparent dog haters who can't tolerate any dog barking- even in the middle of the day-which is the only time they are ever out!!! one neighbor came over and told me to get dog shock collars or pepper spray!!! and apparently they are not the only ones who feel this way about all dogs barking- i've heard stories of people having to get rid of their dogs ... so much for moving to a nice dog friendly community- if you're considering h.r.- be careful, there are alot of crazy people here who look completely normal from the outside- just don't ever disagree with them and everything will be just fine....hmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 08:39 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
I would say the problem is you--show some consideration to your neighbors and keep your dogs quiet--and that means during the day. You are the one out of line posting this nonsense on this forum.

[mod cut]
Livecontent

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-23-2008 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: be nice!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,392 times
[mod cut] i take it you too are a dog hater- such a shame that in this day and age with so many real problems, some people find a little dog barking such a nuisance. and just so you know, my dogs do not stay outside unattended ever, they are just dogs who like to play and be dogs. i wish you well and hope that you find peace in your life- something most normal people can do even in the presence of a little barking...

Last edited by katzenfreund; 11-23-2008 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: be nice please!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:23 PM
tew

209 posts, read 633,275 times
Do you live in a apartment complex? I guess Im trying to find out how close you are to your neighbors.

Anyway sorry to hear your having this problem. But some people cant handle listening to a dog bark, even more so if its a small dog with its high pitch bark. I have a dog and I havent had any problems here but maybe thats our neighborhood. A barking dog doesnt bother me but I cant stand to hear bigger kids act like babies and cry. And I have kids. Kids crying are in the same (sounds people cant stand) catagory as a dog barking. You just ended up living around the sensative people.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:48 PM

224 posts, read 559,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlands ranch View Post
... so much for moving to a nice dog friendly community- if you're considering h.r.- be careful, there are alot of crazy people here who look completely normal from the outside- just don't ever disagree with them and everything will be just fine....hmmm.
Some people are very sensitive to noise like barking dogs - I live with such a person! I would say, a good attitude towards your neighbors will go a long way towards living peacefully beside them. I had a neighbor move in recently with a barking dog...when I went over to meet her, she apologized for the noise and said her dog was just getting used to its new digs. That was exactly right, in a few days the dog quieted down.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:37 AM

19 posts, read 82,450 times
i've always had at least one pet so i, like you, don't particularly understand how people can NOT like animals. but, those people are out there. it sounds like you just had bad luck!

BUT how long are you keeping the dogs outside & how much are they barking? i mean, if someone complained about one or two barks, that's crazy. but if you have your dog outside for an hour & it is barking non-stop the whole time... then it's on you. i agree that being really nice to the neighbor can go a long way. find out why they have a problem with the barking. i mean, what if they work a night shift? what if they have a napping baby? maybe you can discuss some sort of compromise.

Old 11-23-2008, 12:45 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
I live in Lone Tree and have a German Shorhaired Pointer who only barks when someone comes to the door. My neighbors' dogs bark all the time, but if its during the day I don't mind. I'm at work anyway. If they are left out the Coyotes get them.

Old 11-28-2008, 08:33 PM

619 posts, read 2,198,969 times
I'm so sorry you've found yourself in a dog-unfriendly neighborhood. We just moved to HR and it seems like everyone in our neighborhood has a dog. Much barking goes on amongst them across fences - but I do make sure to bring my dog in quickly when she joins in...for now. As the new kid on the block, I know it's only my dog anyone is going to hear bark for a while.

Not everyone in HR hates dogs...I hope it gets better soon!!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,513 times
Please keep in mind, it is usually not the person complaining that is the problem. it is normally the dog owner that needs help. I am a "Dog lover" with 2 heeler's of my own. Heeler's are very energetic dogs and love to bark. With a little training and time, when my dogs bark now, all I need to do is tell them to stop, and they do. Unlike the neighbors dogs who bark continuously when they start, (Usually at 5:30 am when the neighbor gets up to let his dogs out). At times, I could be considered one of those upset neighbors as I do not routinely get up before 7am. (Unless the dogs next door are out). My neighbor is the problem, not the dog. The dog needs a little training. the neighbor needs a lesson in consideration!

Old 09-03-2011, 10:38 AM

5,529 posts, read 12,660,633 times
I used to work from home, and I can tell you that my neighbor's barking dog drove me CRAZY. It was the non-stop barking for hours. The poor thing was lonely. That's totally different than a dog that will bark when someone walks by or a noisy car goes down the street. I finally went over and talked with her, and she was totally unaware of the noise because she was at work all day. I'm not sure what steps she took (I think leaving the dog inside while she was gone), but I approached her in a friendly manner and she was willing to correct it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver