Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 PM

82 posts, read 390,199 times

Advertisements

Hi I'm considering moving to Denver, I'm looking at a few different places, though I won't have time to visit them, before moving so I was just curious about these addresses, just what the area is like and vibe info would be appreciated.

1950 Pennsylvania St.
Denver, Co

755 South Dexter Street
Denver, CO

3645 South Dallas Street
Aurora, CO

Thanks ahead of time! Just looking for a cool area, stuff to possibly walk around to, restaurants, shops etc. Moving from Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 08:07 AM

6,701 posts, read 9,263,788 times
I'm not familiar with the address in Aurora, but the 755 S. Dexter Street address is familiar because I lived at the Sonata at Cherry Creek apartment complex briefly and it's in that general area. I loved the location. It's sort of tucked away in a quiet area (half of the complex is officially in Glendale and part of it is in Denver - it's odd, although it's not something noticeable unless you look at it on a map) yet is close to Cherry Creek, downtown, the freeway, and basically feels like a retreat from the city, yet it's still in the city. I would love to buy a home and live in the residential neighborhoods in that area if i could afford it right now.

There isn't anything right near it that you could walk to though - I mean, you could walk to shops along Colorado Blvd because it's not far, but it's not the same as an urban, walkable neighborhood. That's the only downside to it. But I didn't mind when I lived there.

19th and Pennsylvania - I'm not sure exactly what the area is like, but I like the area around 17th and Pennsylvania and it definitely has more of an urban feel to it. It has a few resturants, a small 'fine foods' store, a 7-11, and a few other things that are definitely within walking distance.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:33 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,706,340 times
19th and Penn used to be kind of sketchy, but with the last few yrs. of building and such, it's gotten better. I'm not sure if I'd live there, are you coming with another or by yourself? Are you man or woman? And being from Chicago, this area won't be the tiniest bit unnerving for you. It's very very close to downtown. An area I'd love to be living in, used to live in, but now live in the urban sprawl they are talking about on the other Denver is Boring thread. It is boring out there.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:53 PM

82 posts, read 390,199 times
cowboyxjon
Thanks for the advice! I guess I need to decide if I will want to be able to walk around, or would rather have a quieter spot. You kinda sold me on the quite spot.

wanttomoveeast:
I'm a female, moving with boyfriend though. So would you say 19th is still up and coming? Are you saying it is boring out in the burbs? I have been reading a lot on the Denver is boring thread. I wonder if I will get bored. Even though Chicago has the a great vibe that is very addicting (I have left and returned 4 or 5 times now) I want to be closer to the mountains. Instead of shopping and eating on the weekends, there will be other options.

Thanks for the advice.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:09 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,706,340 times
Hi bluejaye: I'd say it's still up and coming, although almost established. It's bordered by a so-so area, but it's nothing like you'd see in a big city. Kind of a spot where you wouldn't want to walk home late at night, alone. But during the day and early evening you'd be fine. I think if you love mtns. you'll love it here. I'm someone who grew up here and is sick of the mtns., since I'm not outdoorsy that way anyway. I'd rather be in the ocean. So keep that in mind. Kind of like you being sick of shopping and eating, we are both looking for a change of pace. I think Denver will keep you occupied for quite some time.

One of my biggest beefs about Denver though, and some say it's a plus (not me!), is that there is nothing around it. Just itty bitty tiny towns, but no other cities anywhere near it. To fly places can get really expensive. I prefer to travel out of the country, and that gets hard when leaving from DIA. That's why I want Miami. And since I'm bored, I'm going out of my mind because there's nowhere to go!! But again, I've lived here a long time and it took me very long to get this way. I'd say, give it a try. You have nothing to lose really. If you really really hate it, just move back! Good luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver