Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:55 PM

104 posts, read 288,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Hmm. I guess I was a bit unclear about the area I like. I'm a big fan of Denver's Indian Creek neighborhood and the unincorporated Arapahoe County area adjacent to Indian Creek at Florida and Parker. It's mostly apartments, townhomes, and other multi-family dwellings with a bit of single family homes thrown in. It's still fairly close to everything and prices of condos are, in my opinion, fairly reasonable.

The Aurora 80012 neighborhood by the mall that I like is around Florida and Havana. I think it's called (Aurora's) Village East neighborhood. I haven't lived there so I don't know much about it but it doesn't seem like a terrible area and home prices seem very reasonable. I don't know what Alameda and Havana is like so I can't really comment on it.

I'm not personally someone who seeks out racially or culturally diverse neighborhoods and makes it the number one priority when finding a place to live. There are so many other things I think are more important when choosing a neighborhood to live in, like, whether or not I like the overall feel, the affordability, safety, proximity to things I like to do, etc., than diversity. If the neighborhood also happens to be diverse, great, but if not, oh well.
No you were probably clear, I just didn't grasp what you were saying because I am relatively new to the area, moved here only 18 monthsago.When I first got here I stayedat a placed called In-Town Suites which is located on Iliff and Havana.I really seemed to like this area a lot. I little further North on HavanaI found a gym called and a greek restaurant, which I think was onHavana and Florida. I liked this area as well. I do not know where Indian Creek is located, nor what mall you are referring to, I'm guessingit was in this general area? I don't like the neighborhoods aroundme, (havana and alameda) they lack something, but down towards the aforementioned areamaybe I can find what I'm looking for, thanks. (I am house hunting...single family or townhome.. I am approved for only 125K).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murof View Post
No you were probably clear, I just didn't grasp what you were saying because I am relatively new to the area, moved here only 18 monthsago.When I first got here I stayedat a placed called In-Town Suites which is located on Iliff and Havana.I really seemed to like this area a lot. I little further North on HavanaI found a gym called and a greek restaurant, which I think was onHavana and Florida. I liked this area as well. I do not know where Indian Creek is located, nor what mall you are referring to, I'm guessingit was in this general area? I don't like the neighborhoods aroundme, (havana and alameda) they lack something, but down towards the aforementioned areamaybe I can find what I'm looking for, thanks. (I am house hunting...single family or townhome.. I am approved for only 125K).
No worries! The Buckingham Mall was demolished awhile ago, but the Target is still there (at Florida and Havana) and some of the homes in that area are priced in the 100s. They are mostly older ranch homes that might need some work, but the neighborhood itself seems fine to me.

Indian Creek is just east of the Florida/Parker intersection. There are townhomes and condos around here that could match your price point. There's a complex next door to my apartment complex called Arrowhead that might have something in your range. It doesn't look terrible - just a bit dated (1980s).

Arrowhead is at the intersection of Colorado Avenue and Trenton Street. The ZIP code is 80231.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:09 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
hi, yes, I am very open to SF homes, and would prefer one, it's just that I can't do a fixer-upper, and would like one move-in ready, but still in my price range. I will look into the areas you mention! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolife View Post
I bought a 3 bed 2 bath with garage,fenced in back yard in Ruby Hill neighborhood in your price range. It's a multicultural neighborhood and quiet. It is only 3 miles from Wash Park on the other side of I-25. Less than a mile to the light rail. Investors are buying and flipping in my neighborhood and Ruby Hill Park is undergoing a major redesign.

I also hear Baker is another affordable single family home area with potential.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:11 AM

we sound like we're in the same boat a little. I may qualify for more, but I don't want to deal with a high house payment. I want affordable, but not a dump!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murof View Post

Old 12-29-2008, 06:12 AM

"cowboy"- do you mind if I "steal" a little of your info? it sounds like the area may meet my needs as well?

Quote:
No worries! The Buckingham Mall was demolished awhile ago, but the Target is still there (at Florida and Havana) and some of the homes in that area are priced in the 100s. They are mostly older ranch homes that might need some work, but the neighborhood itself seems fine to me.

Indian Creek is just east of the Florida/Parker intersection. There are townhomes and condos around here that could match your price point. There's a complex next door to my apartment complex called Arrowhead that might have something in your range. It doesn't look terrible - just a bit dated (1980s).

Arrowhead is at the intersection of Colorado Avenue and Trenton Street. The ZIP code is 80231.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:10 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
"cowboy"- do you mind if I "steal" a little of your info? it sounds like the area may meet my needs as well?
Not at all! The only mistake I made was that Indian Creek is just WEST of the Florida/Parker intersection. I work with maps all day so I should be pretty good with directions... heheh. Oops!

East of the Florida/Parker intersection is unincorporated Arapahoe County and Aurora.

Drop me an email and let me know if you were able to see any units in my area! Maybe I can answer any questions.. I've been here for two years now and I'll be renewing for a third.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:15 AM

cool! I will, thanks!

Quote:
Not at all! The only mistake I made was that Indian Creek is just WEST of the Florida/Parker intersection. I work with maps all day so I should be pretty good with directions... heheh. Oops!

East of the Florida/Parker intersection is unincorporated Arapahoe County and Aurora.

Drop me an email and let me know if you were able to see any units in my area! Maybe I can answer any questions.. I've been here for two years now and I'll be renewing for a third.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver