Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM

3,941 posts, read 14,715,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelumbo View Post
IIRC, Safeway (which is also on the east coast) was one of the first grocery stores to start using those annoying club cards. Suddenly, instead of everyone getting the sale price, you had to have a card (which is used to track purchases) to get the discount. Now many stores do this, leading to massive numbers of those plastic cards. They keep advertising the gas points, but I have yet to find a Safeway that actually sells gas - so what is the point of that?
Actually, the Safeway I go to has a gas station right outside and I'd rather have all the discounts available to me by having the card than wasting my time clipping coupons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 09:51 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Actually, the Safeway I go to has a gas station right outside and I'd rather have all the discounts available to me by having the card than wasting my time clipping coupons.
Using both can add up to some pretty significant savings.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Using both can add up to some pretty significant savings.
Can you use both? I thought the club card was like carrying all the coupons at once.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:19 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,052,379 times
Most certainly, and if you shop carefully, it can make a huge difference at the check-out!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 PM

140 posts, read 429,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
We don't have one yet technically... but it is coming. I for one might even camp outside the store to get some swede deals on opening day ;-)

How Swede it is: Locals like the idea that IKEA is coming - The Denver Post
In that article, they list Pinkberry as something we have nothing like in Denver. I have never had Pinkberry, but many say the Kuulture yogurt shop in Writer Square is comparable.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 PM

Denver may not get a Pinkberry (only in CA and NY) but you're getting a Sprinkles!

::: Sprinkles Cupcakes Locations :::

Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,678 times
Quote:
Denver may not get a Pinkberry (only in CA and NY) but you're getting a Sprinkles!

I'd take Sprinkles over Pinkberry anyday! Although it's not as healthy. I tried Pinkberry for the first time, and it's weird... Pinkberry's frozen yogurt menu only consists of Original, Green Tea, Pomegranate and Coffee. The yogurt is oddly sour so you have to add all sorts of toppings to cover it up (IMHO).
Of course, they have smoothies, etc as well.

My favorite fro-yo place remains Golden Spoon. Can't even tell it's yogurt. But I think that's regional as well.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,182,741 times
Quote:

Who needs Sprinkles when we have "The Shoppe" and "Lovely Confections" on Colfax?

New competitors sweeten East Colfax - The Denver Post

Old 12-18-2008, 12:55 AM

1,627 posts, read 4,218,209 times
I am told Kuulture is very good. I have had Pinkberry and I was not impressed. Go local =)

Old 12-20-2008, 07:27 AM

148 posts, read 640,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mczabe View Post
At first, I thought I'd miss TJs the most...but what I really, truly miss is Wegmans. Now there's grocery store nirvana...
Considering TJ's and IKEA have been discussed in this forum ad nauseam already, this is one post I felt compelled to respond to. I miss Wegmans desperately, in spite of their inflated prices.

Also, its been said by a few others in this thread that (paraphrasing) you can find most of what you want in Denver in other places if you take the time to look (and look elsewhere). Though I'm thoroughly enjoying life in Denver so far, I must argue that from a culinarian standpoint that is absolutely not true. I could type three pages about the ingredients I've called all over town for and have ended up having to order from out of state. I'm not talking incredibly exotic stuff here. An English Double Glouchester cheese for example (admission: I did find it... about a 2.5 hour drive from me and at twice the price than having it shipped from PA). Black Walnuts for another (I called 8 nut shops and asked for 3 different nuts. None of them carried any of them and failed to find it even remotely ironic that their 'nut stores' failed to carry any of these nuts).
I wont even go into anything I need for making pastry. Speaking of Wegmans, that was my only source for split-top ("New England Style") hot dog buns. *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver