Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you ski or snowboard????
Only Ski 10 34.48%
Only Snowboard 5 17.24%
Started Skiing then switched to Snowboard 8 27.59%
Started Snowboarding then switched to Skiing 0 0%
Neither 5 17.24%
I snowtube!!!! 1 3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times

Advertisements

What's your preference? Why?

Have you ever started with one, and then ended up switching to the other?

Is there one you haven't tried at all??

Discuss

I myself started skiing when I was younger and got up to black diamond level of skiing. I then took some snowboarding lessons and was HOOKED! Skiing is def fun, but I def like snowboarding better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 02:32 PM

456 posts, read 1,576,972 times
I started snowboarding..because my ex said it was the "cooler" of the two. I had put so much time and money into learning that I stuck with it even though it was so hard to learn.

I finally got in ski's a few weeks ago for the first time ever. It was a completely different experience, and I can say, MUCH easier to learn than snowboarding. I'll definitely ski again one day but my first love is snowboarding!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,209,035 times
I board. I don't know about skiing. Way to many directions for your knees to bend when you wreck. I like my knees!

Old 12-11-2008, 02:42 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,584 times
Why no "both" box to check?

It's always struck me as weird that a lot of people see these snowboards and skis as if they were mutually exclusive...religions, or something.

They are just tools, for goodness sake. The more tools you have lying around in the garage, the more different experiences you'll be able to have.

Alpine skis, skates, snowboards, telemark skis, xc skis, monoskis, jack jumpers, cafeteria trays, ...the more the merrier.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:54 PM

456 posts, read 1,576,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
I board. I don't know about skiing. Way to many directions for your knees to bend when you wreck. I like my knees!
Oh trust me, I know!! I did the splits a few times, and then when i tried turning one ski went one way and the other decided not to follow.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:50 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Why no "both" box to check?

It's always struck me as weird that a lot of people see these snowboards and skis as if they were mutually exclusive...religions, or something.

They are just tools, for goodness sake. The more tools you have lying around in the garage, the more different experiences you'll be able to have.

Alpine skis, skates, snowboards, telemark skis, xc skis, monoskis, jack jumpers, cafeteria trays, ...the more the merrier.

after I'd set up the poll it dawned on me that I forgot that selection :P Sorry bout that! :P

Old 12-12-2008, 06:27 PM

355 posts, read 1,404,351 times
only board tried skiing once like 5 yrs ago....will never again

snowboarding>>>>skiing

Old 12-12-2008, 08:37 PM

38 posts, read 135,899 times
I grew up in Canada and skiied most of my life, but recently switched to snowboarding because I wanted to challenge myself. It took me a season to finally get the hang of it - definitely a steep learning curve in comparison to skiing, especially if you are a skier, but since then I have been hooked. One of the main reasons we're moving from New York City is to be closer to accessible mountains which will hopefully increase our quality of life, which is way tooooo stressful right now in NYC!

Old 12-12-2008, 11:30 PM

1,809 posts, read 3,191,709 times
I've only skied. I learned to ski out east, and had I stayed out east I probably would have tried snowboarding for a new challenge, as skiing was getting boring. Then I moved to Colorado and skiing became fun again. As of now there is not much motivation to try snowboarding. I'd rather ski double diamonds than board circles and squares. Terrain parks do look more fun on a board then on skis.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:43 AM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Strictly skiing. I like doing it old school. I have no desire to ever try snowboarding. Not sure what's so fun about falling on your ass nonstop all day long. I overheard a funny conversation last year at a ski shop. People were talking about A-basin, and then this snowboarder dude says "A-basin sucks, it's all too steep and bumpy there, nothing to offer me." And I was thinking to myself, yep, you're d*** right it has nothing to offer you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver