Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:31 AM

380 posts, read 1,228,356 times

Advertisements

[quote=livecontent;6594768]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_koolkat View Post
...Personality is the most important trait a man can have...

Yes, all those old men out there with their young beautiful "trophy" wives do have great personality traits....

Livecontent
It seems I don't have the makings to be a trophy wife. Men who think they can have anything just because they have money are to shallow for me. They won't even attract me to be a friend much less a wife. Money is not the answer unless you are shallow looking for shallow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
I agree w/Kool. Money was not my interest at all. It's nice, but the men that had it just weren't for me. When I thought about it really hard and think back, what got me into my DH was the fact that he was really interested in ME. Many guys I met/dated were really self-centered and didn't seem all that interested in getting to know me.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM

366 posts, read 1,374,174 times
Its definitely NOT the bars/clubs since those are 90% guys anyways here in Menver.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
no, definately not a good scene for meeting quality people, IMO. It can happen, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew303 View Post
Its definitely NOT the bars/clubs since those are 90% guys anyways here in Menver.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:58 PM

399 posts, read 1,549,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheridanL View Post
I'd start out by stop reffering to a potential "whatever" as a DINGBAT!!!!
I like you Ghostgecko but, seriously!!!
Just be your "good self"...comprende????
I'll give you that one...It's just rough coming from Key West, to Denver, where the party just seemed to stop...But we all have to grow up sometime, right?

Not saying Denver isn't interesting...It's just been a bit scary on that side of things...You know this was a bad judgement post...But hey, everyone get's one!

I'll just include it in the greatest hits compilation...

Old 12-17-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
Make some guy friends. Go to the gay clubs.
Danny boy! I like your style, even though the humor was directed towards me, I have to give you that one! but seriously, don't you think I would have stayed in KEY WEST if that was what I was all about?

Still, funny though, just a drop in a serious post...beginning to regret this post...I've done good till now!

Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM

Boy am I starting to regret this post...Can I just go back to having a GOOD reputation on CD?

Here's the thing...It's been rough...I just moved out here, I work a lot and finding a sensible relationship has always been the thing that hasn't happened for me...It's not really my fault, I've always been shy in meeting girls I like, but I am a great people person. It's like a switch, I just flip into the quiet, um ok mode...

You are probably thinking, dude, be a man! Honestly, I just think I have gotten a little too lonely a little too soon in Denver...I've been here since Sept! So it's not like everything should fall into place..But you have to admit, we all find our emptiness this time of the year when we are retrospective...I'm just here, and well, happened to post it...

I like to think that people can be human enough to respect that other people have feelings too, and you all have shown that. To be honest, I thought an attack of stupidity would ensue the minute I posted this...Some of them have come, and gone, and some were funny...

I guess living in Hawaii and Key West for the past eight years made me forget that Winter makes you feel...well... hollow, cold, like the trees and the landscape. It's cold, beautiful, but pure, real. The colors have shed and there is just the reality, the bare showing....

It's kind of like one time when a person told me that who you are when nobody's looking late at night, standing in front of the mirror is who you are...I guess this winter, being in a completely new state, has made me feel akin...

I'll get over it...but thanks for being a good sport and posting...It's tough to have a dream...Cause the people who do usually are such visionaries that they can't do anything but pursue them...And then you stand on the finishing line....seeing the sun rise in your dream...But when the sun sets, you are alone...cause a lot of people don't push and pursue their dreams...You win, but lose at the same time...Sorry to be so deep, but it's just me...

What brought this whole thing on, is actually Reality TV...I know it's BS..but it got me thinking...All of these people are searching for a nice guy...Don't look so hard...You might trip over your own feet. It's just a reminder of the fragile beauty of human nature and the fact that most of us don't know what we want, but we all love security, love, and friendship, as well as to feel like we make some kind of an impact on at least our own world...Oh crap...too deep again!

And to think, I'm about to re-read Sophie's World again...may be a good idea to put that on hold...

Old 12-17-2008, 06:45 PM

60 posts, read 171,443 times
No need to apologize Ghost. I found some helpful info in the responses- I don't live in Denver yet but plan on moving after the holidays. I'll be needing to meet people, so I'll see what interests I can volunteer for.

As for being deep, I share this blessed complexity. I liked your introspection of nature in the winter, you should make bad posts more often. ;P

Old 12-17-2008, 06:56 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,716,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zionvier View Post
I think Danny was implying is that gay men tend to have female friends since the females feel they can "be themselves" around them. So if you have gay friends, they can introduce you to their female friends ;-) Or I completely misread that.
Precisely. Gay clubs are full of single women that want to go out and have a good time with guys without getting hit on by guys.

Also, make some straight guy friends. Straight guys have girlfriends and they have girlfriends that are single. If all else fails- fat chicks.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:18 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,564 times
I second the volleyball suggestion. My friend is very happily married to a guy she met that way. I don't live in Denver anymore but come home to visit enough, & see that Denverites still love their volleyball leagues!

Your friend's notion about taking a dog to the park is SO true! Dogs to most women are just too irresistable to ignore; and usually if a girl shows interest in your dog, there's some interest in you as well. (usually ) If you don't want the responsibility of a dog full time, you can always foster one or just volunteer to walk a shelter dog or two.

A really good way to meet women is to ask their opinion at a flower market. You don't have to go out of your way - the grocery store's flower section works fine, (although for my own selfish interest I say "support the local shop!") - just trust me on this one. Being a confused guy in the middle of a sea of flowers is a giant invitation to a girl. You want flowers for your mom; or for no reason mentioned (a little mystery); or just to brighten your place up (sends a signal that you enjoy simple splurges) Girls love to help a guy with this - it's like shopping or decorating!!

Basically, I think we lost touch with the old ways of dating when the internet started doing some of the searching for us. Now it just seems like a job interview. I know that's not always the case & I've heard a lot of success stories.......but meeting someone is often simply about opportunity and making sure you are prepared to seize it when it bumps into you. Your profile shows you are an outdoor enthusiast, and a TOUR GUIDE!!!!! Talk about amazing opportunities to meet women!

I don't even live there anymore, but something tells me there are women all around you, and as you pointed out, you might trip over one if you keep looking too far into the distance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver