Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:35 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostgecko View Post
Seriously now, any responses with "da club" will get rolled eyes. I'm looking for the gold here...I have had bad luck on Craigslist, but that didn't surprise me...

I work a lot, but just don't have to dough (We all know that one) to get out and go blast away the cash to meet some dingbat. My roommates have told me to get a dog and hit the dogparks...Sounds genius, I wanted a dog anyway...

I ain't looking to get married, but just looking for your thoughts...Time to show us your stuff Denver...Let's here the secrets! It's a lot nicer than being in a town with 39k and most of them are over 50...(Key West) This ought to get, if nothing else, an interesting response...
It all depends on what type of girl you are interested in, your own life style and also your attitude. Refer to them as 'dingbat' only if you are looking for a 'dingbat', if you know what I mean?

Hang out at the right places for the type of girl you are interested in.
If you are looking for a girl who is very active, likes to keep fit then chances are, you are not going to find her at a Hometown Buffet.
Depending on the type you are looking for, you have to be looking for her in a logically related environment.
Women are a lot more attentive to detail, so if you were hoping to find her online or through some sort of an online source where you would be typing to each other, you might have to check your typos, spelling and grammar.
Typos can be ignored but in general, if your spelling or grammar would make even a 2nd Grader laugh, then she will either ignore you or not take you too seriously.

I personally do not recommend CrapList or a site like NOmatch.com, I like to see her in person and then try to get a conversation going. You will be amazed how easy it is to be cool and meet girls when your pen.s is not doing the thinking. Basically, open a conversation about something totally common, everyday type topic/object. A mild, well executed joke could not only get things rolling but melt the defensive icy wall most self-aware women have around them these days (which is understandable).

Not making a lot of money is one thing, being cheap is another. Women want a man with a rich heart to say the least but of course, who would want to be with someone who is not financially secure? At least it would not be a long term...you have to keep your lady comfortable, happy and safe.

Working hard or long hours is an excuse, there are many places and times you can meet ladies just don't act like you are looking for a female companion, act like you are looking for a female pal. I have to like a girl not only visually but also mentally, then physical intimacy and commitment will naturally come in due time, no worries. You seem like a normal-enough guy so if you be cool, you should be able to find someone in no time unless you are a picky b.st.rd like me...

PS. Sorry if I came of like I was preaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What's wrong with older women? It's amazing these days how much hotter a lot of high school girls' and college girls' mothers are than the daughters are.
Nothing, wrong with them, they are experienced, know what they want meaning minimal mental BS, they are better in bed, more fun, more understanding, etc.

People in general are way more out of shape than earlier generations.
Young people today (even teens) are very overweight. Sad really. What blows my mind is, I see young girls around wearing tank tops that read 'juicy' over layers of belly fat while their mom walking right next to them are actually the juicy ones!

I don't know why fat people love wearing tide clothing and making me lose my appetite when they should be hiding fat parts. If the parents are not overweight yet the kids are, then parents are to blame. They are to blame for letting their kid's eating habits and/or lack of physical activity.

As far as physical intimacy goes, young, cute girls are like breast implants, imho. They are good to look at and fun for a brief moment, nothing more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 07:45 AM

880 posts, read 2,345,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
As far as physical intimacy goes, young, cute girls are like breast implants, imho. They are good to look at and fun for a brief moment, nothing more!
A brief moment? You need to work on your stamina.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times
"T" - this is probably one of the best posts ever!! It shows you have a great maturity level. IMO- everything you said is dead-on!!!

p.s.- a few people on here could use some of that maturity!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
It all depends on what type of girl you are interested in, your own life style and also your attitude. Refer to them as 'dingbat' only if you are looking for a 'dingbat', if you know what I mean?

Hang out at the right places for the type of girl you are interested in.
If you are looking for a girl who is very active, likes to keep fit then chances are, you are not going to find her at a Hometown Buffet.
Depending on the type you are looking for, you have to be looking for her in a logically related environment.
Women are a lot more attentive to detail, so if you were hoping to find her online or through some sort of an online source where you would be typing to each other, you might have to check your typos, spelling and grammar.
Typos can be ignored but in general, if your spelling or grammar would make even a 2nd Grader laugh, then she will either ignore you or not take you too seriously.

I personally do not recommend CrapList or a site like NOmatch.com, I like to see her in person and then try to get a conversation going. You will be amazed how easy it is to be cool and meet girls when your pen.s is not doing the thinking. Basically, open a conversation about something totally common, everyday type topic/object. A mild, well executed joke could not only get things rolling but melt the defensive icy wall most self-aware women have around them these days (which is understandable).

Not making a lot of money is one thing, being cheap is another. Women want a man with a rich heart to say the least but of course, who would want to be with someone who is not financially secure? At least it would not be a long term...you have to keep your lady comfortable, happy and safe.

Working hard or long hours is an excuse, there are many places and times you can meet ladies just don't act like you are looking for a female companion, act like you are looking for a female pal. I have to like a girl not only visually but also mentally, then physical intimacy and commitment will naturally come in due time, no worries. You seem like a normal-enough guy so if you be cool, you should be able to find someone in no time unless you are a picky b.st.rd like me...

PS. Sorry if I came of like I was preaching.

Nothing, wrong with them, they are experienced, know what they want meaning minimal mental BS, they are better in bed, more fun, more understanding, etc.

People in general are way more out of shape than earlier generations.
Young people today (even teens) are very overweight. Sad really. What blows my mind is, I see young girls around wearing tank tops that read 'juicy' over layers of belly fat while their mom walking right next to them are actually the juicy ones!

I don't know why fat people love wearing tide clothing and making me lose my appetite when they should be hiding fat parts. If the parents are not overweight yet the kids are, then parents are to blame. They are to blame for letting their kid's eating habits and/or lack of physical activity.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:34 PM

399 posts, read 1,549,952 times
That's why I Love forums...You breathe a bit of life into a topic and watch it grow...like a Chia Pet...Damn Christmas Advertising!

Just to be funny, I put a totally ridiculous ad on CL last week, (Craigslist seems to attract...) and couldn't believe the response. I was a total smart ass and had fun doing it...and it worked. Hmmm. To be honest, I think I am just out of the game a bit, the problem being, I Really don't feel like playing anymore...

As far as finances go, I really know better for right now...I just moved across the country and am starting over with less income and stuff....but I was just looking to slowly move forward in the right direction...If I'm just out of it, I think my days are over. When I was in HS that seemed to be the time for me, had some fun in the Navy, then just a screeching halt...But in my defense, moving makes it hard to get anything real going too...

Typos are annoying for sure, truly a good post up there...Sometimest the stupid keyboard sticks and well, since I type fast, I don't always catch it...see that another line gone, juyst like the first...DOH!

Anyway, have a Happy Holidays everyone...I'm just taking myself back off the market (Not that I think I'm all that) until I know I can deliver better. I just had this stupid idea in my head I could get a ball rolling with someone, and well, as I grow out here in CO, she could grow with me...

Ah, oh well! There's always my truck and the hundreds of roads out here...I was just hoping to have someone to take with me one afternoon to get a little "mud on the tires" (And yes, the song reference was intended)

Old 12-24-2008, 08:37 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
"T" - this is probably one of the best posts ever!! It shows you have a great maturity level. IMO- everything you said is dead-on!!!

p.s.- a few people on here could use some of that maturity!!
Thank you my lady. I must have been possessed by some gentleman's spirit when I wrote all that....lol....kidding!

....or may be not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostgecko View Post
Anyway, have a Happy Holidays everyone...I'm just taking myself back off the market (Not that I think I'm all that) until I know I can deliver better. I just had this stupid idea in my head I could get a ball rolling with someone, and well, as I grow out here in CO, she could grow with me...

Ah, oh well! There's always my truck and the hundreds of roads out here...I was just hoping to have someone to take with me one afternoon to get a little "mud on the tires" (And yes, the song reference was intended)
GG, there is no such thing as taking yourself off the market, as long as you are live and kicking, you are in the market!
Meeting someone special will likely to happen when least expected, it will happen in due time. If not, at least this hopeful thinking will give you a positive outlook on life till you kick the bucket!

But seriously, she might be hitchhiking on a meddy road waiting for you, who is to say what the future will bring? Anytime you step outside your home, there is a chance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver