Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times

Advertisements

For some reason Cherry Creek seems to be a very polarizing place, a place a lot of people on this forum especially love to hate. But obviously there's enough people who love this place to keep it going strong. Now certain streets in this area are barely recognizable from just 5 years ago. Cherry Creek North has really come of age into a full blown live, work, and play urban environment. Some have referred to this at the "Beverly Hills of Denver." I neither hate it nor love it, but find it an interesting segment of society.

1st Avenue. This brand new building is what replaced the original Tattered Cover.

Cherry Creek North shopping district:

Cherry Creek North seems to be full of 2 story buildings with restaurants below ground level.

The Cherry Creek area is home to a large number of financial institutions.

'Nuff said:

The residential part of the tour. This includes areas both north and east of the mall. This is pretty much a brand new neighborhood with the latest custom built homes and condos:

Most homes in this neighborhood have the garages in rear alleys:

This is a remnant of what the original homes in this neighborhood looked like before they were bulldozed one by one:

The actual Cherry Creek where all these CC names originate from:

One of Denver's many parks named after sister cities around the world:

And now, the mall itself:

At the Cherry Creek mall, EVERYTHING is fancy.

Hope you enjoyed the tour!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 08:03 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,710,979 times
AWESOME pics! I haven't really spent that much time in CCN and next time I'm there I'll put it on my to-do list. Makes me wanna move to Denver NOW!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,810,674 times
Kind of interesting Vegas you took a pic. of my house and my office--I enjoy living in Creek-
walk for coffee,restaurants,grocery...It's the best fit for me wouldn't live anywhere else in Denver (I know i'll take flack for saying that) ....Surprised I didn't see you out today taking the pics..My dog was taking me on his routine tour of the neighborhood---he's especially fond of the hot dog vendor on third and Millwaukee...Cherry Creek has the best of everything all in close proxemity--and where else in Colorado outside a Aspen can you buy a $150 water bowl for your cannine friend..lol

Last edited by Scott5280; 12-30-2008 at 09:49 PM..

Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Kind of interesting Vegas you took a pic. of my house and my office--I enjoy living in Creek-
walk for coffee,restaurants,grocery...It's the best fit for me wouldn't live anywhere else in Denver (I know i'll take flack for saying that) ....Surprised I didn't see you out today taking the pics..My dog was taking me on his routine tour of the neighborhood---he's especially fond of the hot dog vendor on third and Millwaukee...Cherry Creek has the best of everything all in close proxemity--and where else in Colorado outside a Aspen can you buy a $150 water bowl for your cannine friend..lol
Small world.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:08 PM

As you probably know Cherry Creek North was the city of Harmon before being annexed into Denver---The Cherry Creek mall site was the City of Denver's dump at one time...The first residents after the Native Americans in the area were gypsies who
lived along the creek..Cherry Creek was once an area inhabitated by the poor, outlaws
and a few Native Americans that were not allowed in the city limits of Denver...Later it would become a working class neighborhood ; some of Denver's oldest Cottonwoods,
maples and Pine still stand sentry from that period..In 1925 Temple Buell aquired the land in the area known as the Grove--He would later develop this area in 1950 and then it would become known as the Cherry Creek North district. Later in the early
90's the indoor mall was built.. In the late 70's the old bungalows started to slowly disapear to make way for more modern housing.... Following the 70's the area started accelerating into higher end housing---from the late 80's to present the area has transformed into a mecca of everything high end....Like it or hate it Rodeo of the Rockies has emerged...Especially in the past ten years I have seen many of my old haunts and night spots give way to luxury condos and upscale cafe's... I have my new favorites now and still a select few of the old...The more recent years in Cherry Creek remind me of the older
funky Pearl Street Mall vs. the new contemporary version...You can still grab a beer and relax here, you just pay more now for the scenery..

Last edited by Scott5280; 12-30-2008 at 11:23 PM..

Old 12-30-2008, 11:14 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
mmmmm....Piatti....

Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 AM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Nice! Colorful pics!

Juicy Lucy Steakhouse? Ummm, I think I'll pass. I've sort of lost my appetite.

That lady was on a ferocious shopping spree path! I'll bet she's taking her husband's "You should find a hobby" comment to heart and getting even by putting some mileage on her hubby's American Express card.

Alleys! You just don't see many pics of alleys these days! Nice urinals! Women envy us... when it comes to our conveniences.

Nice look at some of that Denver architecture as well. Did you take a DenverAztec Photo Tour Seminar or something?

Old 12-31-2008, 03:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
he's especially fond of the hot dog vendor on third and Millwaukee...
That would be Henry, right across from the library. (Though I think Henry has other people working for him now.)
Those were all our old stomping grounds...my sons went to Bromwell Elementary, rode their bikes along the Creek, the Cherry Creek Mall was "our" mall, we remember all the little bull-dozed bungalows and when the Tattered Cover was just a hole in the wall on Third at Fillmore.
And now TC is not even there anymore! At least Duffy's still is.
Thanks for the memories, Vegaspilgrim.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:08 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,296,065 times
Default Zip code(s)?

If I wanted to look at real estate listings in the Cherry Creek area, are there any zip codes besides 80206 I'd want to check?

Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
If I wanted to look at real estate listings in the Cherry Creek area, are there any zip codes besides 80206 I'd want to check?
Check out 80209
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver