Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 9,593 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering what the dating scene in Denver is like. I'm a liberal, spiritual, almost 36 year old single woman. No kids and no ex-husbands. I'm a Texan but have lived the last four year in DC. I'm pretty attractive AND pretty curvy. Are the guys there only into really skinny women?

What do y'all think? What might my dating experience be like?

Last edited by TXtack; 01-08-2009 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: addition to the thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:36 PM

37 posts, read 196,246 times
I don't even live in Denver and I am going to guess the answer is just like everywhere else.... there are all types of guys who like all types of women!

It's just a matter of finding the right crowd that suits you best....

Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 AM

456 posts, read 1,571,630 times
there are lots of men here. It's nicknamed "Menver" for a reason!

Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 AM

39 posts, read 234,440 times
I think that that nickname is hilarious! Finding a man is not my top priority for my move, however, its great to know that the single life isnt as boring as it is here in chicago. Here its bars,clubs,restaurants...Over there theres hiking,biking,camping,snowboarding,atv'ing...etc.. .NEED I SAY MORE?!?!

Old 05-16-2009, 10:08 PM

346 posts, read 727,462 times
I know this is an old thread, but jeepgrl, I feel your pain. I'm in Chicago now and dating here is nonexistent if you aren't a loud trixie that cruises bars. I'm thinking of either Denver or Dallas (and finding a man is part of the reason). I just need to decide which one, based on grad schools also.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:04 AM

93 posts, read 182,699 times
I think the whole Menver thing is wrong if you look at the population stats. In the statistics I read, there are less than 1% more men than women in Denver. So the number of men and women are actually very close to being the same.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:26 PM

36 posts, read 73,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblue38 View Post
I think the whole Menver thing is wrong if you look at the population stats. In the statistics I read, there are less than 1% more men than women in Denver. So the number of men and women are actually very close to being the same.

Yeah, but were all actually extremely good looking, so it kind of works out to more than 1%.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:13 AM

49 posts, read 156,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepblue38 View Post
I'd have to agree with this, the only place i've ever heard the nickname "menver" is on these forums

Old 05-18-2009, 10:43 PM

3 posts, read 18,468 times
Default Dating Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtack View Post
I'm wondering what the dating scene in Denver is like. I'm a liberal, spiritual, almost 36 year old single woman. No kids and no ex-husbands. I'm a Texan but have lived the last four year in DC. I'm pretty attractive AND pretty curvy. Are the guys there only into really skinny women?

What do y'all think? What might my dating experience be like?
I obviously can't speak for everyone but after being here 10 months I can say Denver thankfully does not have the Southern Florida or California attitude when it comes to appearances. If you're into being active outdoors then you should have no problem finding opportunities to date outside of the bar scene.

If you're looking to experience Denver in full, I highly advise living close to downtown and avoid the burbs.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:21 AM

3,373 posts, read 9,150,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltheglobe View Post
I obviously can't speak for everyone but after being here 10 months I can say Denver thankfully does not have the Southern Florida or California attitude when it comes to appearances. If you're into being active outdoors then you should have no problem finding opportunities to date outside of the bar scene.

If you're looking to experience Denver in full, I highly advise living close to downtown and avoid the burbs.
If you really want to experience Denver in full you live as close to the mountains as you can afford
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver