Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:34 PM

132 posts, read 351,104 times

Advertisements

Where is it located and why was it so great?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM

37 posts, read 196,999 times
Well, I have only been to one, but it was simply amazing....

Mt Princeton Hot Springs

Nestled in the mountains, 30 hot spring sitting areas they call "pools", and two actual pools fed by the hot springs. It was 20 degrees out, we scampered down the rocks and basically into the river and sat in the hot springs and waited for the stars to come out.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 PM

39 posts, read 235,364 times
I too have only been to one and it is Mt. Princeton.
The scenery is absoloutley breath taking, the 30 scattered hot springs are amazing, and the pool fed hot springs is just as wonderful! You are surrounded by mountains,fresh air and the beautiful stars above you. Definitely take a look into it further!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
It *used* to be Strawberry Hot Springs--back when there were no cabins, rules, disclaimers, amenities or admission fees, let alone shuttle service or massage.
At the risk of rivaling Jazzlover's curmudgeonly attitude, I think if I had a favorite hot spring, I might keep quiet about it.
Here is a site that lists what are supposedly the best spots in Colorado.
Best Hot Springs

Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 AM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
Blue: What do you mean "used to be"? It isn't any longer? I heard it's still pretty liberal, but haven't been for a very very long time.

My fav is in Idaho Springs. It's not really a hot spring, but they have these all nude caves that are full of super hot tubs. Not just tubs, but these sort of natural holes in the ground. It's separated by men/women of course, as it's nude. I had a good time though. And you get to use their pool that is co-ed. I heard they have private tubs you can rent, but haven't done that.

I really like the town too, full of neat shops and good restaurants. Is it Tommyknocker's that's over there? It's a brewery w/omg so yummy garlic fries and huge wings.

Time to get back there.

2nd fav is in Glenwood. Not for their springs so much, although that's really nice, but for the town. I've never been in the winter. In the summer, they play movies by the river and that's tons of fun.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM

37 posts, read 196,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
My fav is in Idaho Springs. It's not really a hot spring, but they have these all nude caves that are full of super hot tubs.

It's separated by men/women of course, as it's nude.
I'm no exhibitionist or anything, but what is the point of that if you just get to be naked with your fellow peers who sare the same gender? Believe me, the old men at the gym love walking around naked in the lockerroom and that's enough for me...

If I'm going out in my birthday suit there should be some more incentive than that!

And before you bash me, I get the point is to be one with nature, natural, free, blah, blah blah.... but for me... I'd much rather not see other naked men, and the thought of a pool full of naked woman just around the corner/wall/cave etc sure doesn't make it any easier.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:52 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Blue: What do you mean "used to be"? It isn't any longer? I heard it's still pretty liberal, but haven't been for a very very long time.
I just meant that I liked it before it was so developed, gentrified and regulated.
I haven't been in a very long time, either. I think I'd cry!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:30 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driven4agoodlife View Post
Believe me, the old men at the gym love walking around naked in the lockerroom and that's enough for me...

What's up with that? Is it a generational thing? I wait until I get home to take a shower and just use the locker room to store my valuables while working out. Its weird, all the old guys parading around.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM

Well, it could be a man/woman thing. My husband wasn't as thrilled with the idea either, but once he went in he said it was no big deal. Since the caves are 100% natural, I think the reason it's nude is more to preserve the area than for our egos. See, there are caves, it's not just some big pool. And lol, like a man, you must be envisioning us women around the corner involved in some hot orgy. Sorry, we are just hanging out.

Women could care less, and hardly notice each other naked, whereas men seem to view nakedness in the lockeroom as one of those things that's required (changing or being nude) and they must do it as quick as possible! It was like taking a bath in extremely hot temps in various little pools/tubs. Although, yeah, I'd rather wear a suit and be with my husband. Before you knock it, you have to try it, otherwise you just don't know. But I do see where yo are coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven4agoodlife View Post
I'm no exhibitionist or anything, but what is the point of that if you just get to be naked with your fellow peers who sare the same gender? Believe me, the old men at the gym love walking around naked in the lockerroom and that's enough for me...

If I'm going out in my birthday suit there should be some more incentive than that!

And before you bash me, I get the point is to be one with nature, natural, free, blah, blah blah.... but for me... I'd much rather not see other naked men, and the thought of a pool full of naked woman just around the corner/wall/cave etc sure doesn't make it any easier.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:40 PM

I see what you mean. I've heard about the development, but also heard the same liberalness is there. I'd think some improvements might make it nice, but yeah, after some time it might be too nice if you get my drift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I just meant that I liked it before it was so developed, gentrified and regulated.
I haven't been in a very long time, either. I think I'd cry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver