Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:27 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times

Advertisements

Hey, with the way this winter has been here in the Denver metro area (specifially, Parker) and my fall on ice/snow this past Dec. (which resulted in shoulder surgery...not fun ), we don't care if we seen another snow flake for the rest of this winter. With temps here this week in the 60's and tomorrow up to 74 , we have had enough of winter and a lot of people here will agree with that. We don't care what the snow skiers/boarders think....enough is enough, PERIOD . Just thank God for Health Insurance. The surgery alone on my shoulder is costing close to $25,000 and that was outpatient surgery (no hospital stay). We drove down to our local lake (reservior) this past Sunday to take a look at the boat ramp areas. Yes, most of the water is still covered with ice, but with the weather we are having now, ALL of us boaters are "biting at the bit" to get our boats out. Our fishing/ski boat is in our garage, so it is extremely hard to walk right by it everytime we leave our house.
Well, hopefully, this will be our last winter here. It will be
"Charlotte, NC bound" later this year. Yes, we know that it gets humid there, but we will take the humidity and be happy with it. There is no place in America that has perfect weather.
So, even though we know that Old Man Winter most likely isn't done with Colorado yet, we sure can hope he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2007, 06:22 PM

95 posts, read 501,757 times
I love the snow, in the mountains. The snow fall becomes drinking water, so, Let it Snow!

We Need More Snow folks!

Old 03-21-2007, 06:44 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,901,254 times
Quote:
There is no place in America that has perfect weather.
I think San Diego has weather that is as close to perfection as anywhere in the world. You just have to put up with a zillion people that want the same thing. Not even perfect weather is enough to put up with all the problems that come with sooo many people.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:10 AM

10 posts, read 33,445 times
Thumbs up Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelGood View Post
I love the snow, in the mountains. The snow fall becomes drinking water, so, Let it Snow!

We Need More Snow folks!
AMEN!!!!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 AM

18 posts, read 98,924 times
I relocated from Dallas last summer so this has been a real treat for me. I understand that March is suppose to be the snowiest month. So far that has been false as we have not received a single snowflake.

I'm hoping for a few more major storms cause I really have enjoyed getting free days off from my busy day job! Too bad the previous snow days were at the topic starter's expense

Comeon...another foot of snow please. I would enjoy the office closing for weather next wednesday.
Attached Thumbnails
Let's All Chant: "no More Snow, No More Snow, No More Snow!!!-img_3328.jpg  

Old 03-22-2007, 04:23 PM

70 posts, read 318,649 times
Where was the picture taken from?

Old 03-22-2007, 04:35 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Hey, with the way this winter has been here in the Denver metro area (specifially, Parker) and my fall on ice/snow this past Dec. (which resulted in shoulder surgery...not fun ), we don't care if we seen another snow flake for the rest of this winter. With temps here this week in the 60's and tomorrow up to 74 , we have had enough of winter and a lot of people here will agree with that. We don't care what the snow skiers/boarders think....enough is enough, PERIOD . Just thank God for Health Insurance. The surgery alone on my shoulder is costing close to $25,000 and that was outpatient surgery (no hospital stay). We drove down to our local lake (reservior) this past Sunday to take a look at the boat ramp areas. Yes, most of the water is still covered with ice, but with the weather we are having now, ALL of us boaters are "biting at the bit" to get our boats out. Our fishing/ski boat is in our garage, so it is extremely hard to walk right by it everytime we leave our house.
Well, hopefully, this will be our last winter here. It will be
"Charlotte, NC bound" later this year. Yes, we know that it gets humid there, but we will take the humidity and be happy with it. There is no place in America that has perfect weather.
So, even though we know that Old Man Winter most likely isn't done with Colorado yet, we sure can hope he is.

Watch out, besides the grueling humidity from may till September, you do get some fun Ice storms there!!!! I should know...

Old 03-22-2007, 11:09 PM

18 posts, read 98,924 times
partyof5 -

That picture was taken from my home's balcony of the parking lot in SE Denver the day after the first blizzard in December I think. This is in the morning and sometime overnight 4 residents came home pretty much abandoning their vehicles whereever they could in the lot. Forget about trying to park between the lines. Many drivers just gave up and ditched their cars all over the city as feet of snow made driving impossible. I also have pictures of other cars 100% buried in snow.

Old 03-23-2007, 12:37 AM

70 posts, read 318,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterallan View Post
partyof5 -

That picture was taken from my home's balcony of the parking lot in SE Denver the day after the first blizzard in December I think. This is in the morning and sometime overnight 4 residents came home pretty much abandoning their vehicles whereever they could in the lot. Forget about trying to park between the lines. Many drivers just gave up and ditched their cars all over the city as feet of snow made driving impossible. I also have pictures of other cars 100% buried in snow.
My wife who dislikes cold and snowy weather wants us to move to Colorado. I keep telling her she won't deal well with the snow and winter. She's a very mild climate kinda gal.

We're thinking of moving to Highlands Ranch, which is why I asked where the location of your picture was taken. I showed my wife the picture you posted and she was kinda stunned.

Would you mind sending me the other pictures you have of "cars 100% buried" through email?

Old 03-23-2007, 09:56 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,932,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyOf5 View Post
My wife who dislikes cold and snowy weather wants us to move to Colorado. I keep telling her she won't deal well with the snow and winter. She's a very mild climate kinda gal.

We're thinking of moving to Highlands Ranch, which is why I asked where the location of your picture was taken. I showed my wife the picture you posted and she was kinda stunned.

Would you mind sending me the other pictures you have of "cars 100% buried" through email?
Partyof5,

Hate to discourage you, but a weather event like you saw in that picture (looks like about 8"-12") is fairly run of the mill here. I looked at the picture and thought, "That's not such a big deal."

If you do decide to come here anyway, I should warn you that snowfall totals do vary considerably throughout the metro area. The foothills to the west, Douglas County to the south, and the plains to the east can get signficantly more snow than other areas. If you are concerned about heavy snowfall I would discourage you from Highlands Ranch, Parker, Castle Rock, or anywhere in Douglas County or southwestern Jefferson County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver