Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:47 PM

30 posts, read 99,437 times

Advertisements

I went on an apartment hunting trip last week in downtown Denver and I have another scheduled for next week. I went Uptown Square, Bank and Boston Lofts, The Blvd, Premier Lofts and Twenty One 01. I liked the apartments with the exception of the Bank and Boston Lofts, mainly because there is no washer and dryer in the apartment and no parking.

At this point, I'm open to various neighborhoods. Can anyone on this site could recommend apartments in downtown on the "next level down". I feel that I don't need all the extras that come with some of the places I mentioned above like lounges, movie rooms, free beverages, etc. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 PM

152 posts, read 617,843 times
I would suggest looking just outside of downtown. I just did a large apartment search of many of the same places. I'm getting a WAY WAY WAY better deal with a brand new VERY NICE condo being rented out in Wash park, than at a place like the Blvd. Plus $100 cheaper. If your set on downtown, than I think for the most part you're going to run into high rents and amenities that you don't really care about. Yes, a theater room is cool, but how often would I use it... once a year? maybe? It's not worth it to me.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:38 PM

152 posts, read 617,843 times
My favorite neighborhoods are S. Park Hill and Wash Park

Old 02-02-2009, 01:04 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Look by Commons Park -- The Glass House, The Manhattan, and other buildings around there

Old 02-02-2009, 04:16 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,482,801 times
Price range? Features?

Old 02-02-2009, 04:34 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
I agree with Highlands Gal; I lived in Glass House for a while--great location-close to everything--Lodo,Highlands, I-25 access...nice roof top pool with killer city/mountain views, and close to both light rail, and bus terminals...Pretty hard to beat Platte Valley for location..walking distance to Vitamin Cottage grocery, Protos Pizza, biking trails and parks..RiverFront Park is rather pricey,but most ammenities are within walking, biking distance..

Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 PM

The Manhattan has a great website with a lot of information. It looks like a very upscale place, and the lowest rent for a 1 bedroom is $1331. I was hoping to spend less than $1000 a month for rent, but I'm realizing this may not be possible downtown. I think I may check it out regardless, because I haven't been to any apartments in the Commons Park area yet. It is very possible I could justify paying a higher rent for a great location.
I am focused on downtown because I don't have any friends in Denver. From my previous experience in moving to a city where I knew no one, I had better luck making friends living in the city than the suburbs.
In terms of features, I need an apartment that allows pets. I'd like a parking space, a washer/dryer in unit, a clean decent living space, central heating and air...... Though nice, I could really care less about granite counter tops, movie rooms, and built in wine racks.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:06 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,813,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbanana14 View Post
The Manhattan has a great website with a lot of information. It looks like a very upscale place, and the lowest rent for a 1 bedroom is $1331. I was hoping to spend less than $1000 a month for rent, but I'm realizing this may not be possible downtown. I think I may check it out regardless, because I haven't been to any apartments in the Commons Park area yet. It is very possible I could justify paying a higher rent for a great location.
I am focused on downtown because I don't have any friends in Denver. From my previous experience in moving to a city where I knew no one, I had better luck making friends living in the city than the suburbs.
In terms of features, I need an apartment that allows pets. I'd like a parking space, a washer/dryer in unit, a clean decent living space, central heating and air...... Though nice, I could really care less about granite counter tops, movie rooms, and built in wine racks.
Did a quick search of apartments and condos in Platte for rent--Cheapest unit I have found available is at 1460 Little Raven--690 sqft. studio for $1099 monthly.. This is at a place called Archstone RiverFront--one bedrooms start at $1500---- so your deal at Manhattan is reasonable for area...Check out Commons Park West apartments too--I think that's what they are called--As I recall they were the best priced in the Platte Valley-I think living in an area like that when you're new to Denver is key: very social area-I still run into many friendly familiar faces down at Commons every time I'm back down there...

Old 02-04-2009, 07:35 AM

2,969 posts, read 6,944,377 times
Commons Park West allows dogs -- I always see tons and tons coming in and out when I walk my pooch down there!!

Old 02-06-2009, 04:00 PM

Thanks Scott 5280, how very nice of you! I called the Glasshouse leasing office and left a voicemail and no one called me back. But I drove by anyway and it looked really nice. It introduced me to a new area of Denver too. Today I went to City Gate, the City Lofts, the Station and Riverfront Park, and Commons Park West. I really liked Common Park West. It seemed a little more relaxed and it appears there are a lot of shops and restaurants in walking distance. They also don't charge pet rent. Is Common Park West in the Highlands neighborhood?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver