Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 04:20 PM

229 posts, read 750,788 times

Advertisements

Give it a rest already. From what I understand, you were here from mid-October to early February. You started complaining after a couple of days and were planning to leave after a few weeks. You probably weren't even here long enough to get a Colorado drivers license, much less a library card. You didn't live here, you took a long vacation here.

Seriously, what kind of person posts an "I'm Leaving" message? First, I think its against the weird rules of this site. Second, its just kind of something a douche would do. Its like dating a girl for 3 weeks, breaking up, then continually calling her and leaving messages saying that you're with a new, hotter girl now.

Instead of posting in the Denver forum on Saturday nights, you should probably be exploring the nightlife of your new, better town.

Old 02-23-2009, 04:24 PM

49 posts, read 157,544 times
stop feeding the troll already people.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM

123 posts, read 524,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennarbor View Post
Amen brother, but one last observation.

FM the more I read the more I'm convinced you never lived in Denver. But if you did.. I rep you for leaving. You should fit right in on the left coast. No if you'd just take about 20,000 or so of your Californicating brothern with you, Colorado would be a much better place..

Old 02-23-2009, 06:12 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennarbor View Post
No kidding. But, since my baby daughter is taking yet another nap and I have some time on my hands, here is an observation I made. FunkyMonk likes to speak in generalities...we Denverites are afraid of Blacks and Mexicans, Denver is a snobby city devoid of culture, etc etc. Wherever he lives is heaven on earth compared to the awfulness of Denver.

It may be interesting to note, however, that when I did a quick scan of FunkyMonk's posts, they seem to be between the hours of 4 pm to early morning (3 am). It seems as if the oh-so-cultured critic of our fine city doesn't do much more than go to work (assuming he's got a regular day job), come home and get on the Denver site of city-data.com to tell us all how horrid our city is. Call me crazy, but his keen powers of observation and prejudice as well as his taking in all the sights and sounds of his new fabulous home state and city must take place only during the daytime. I've lived lots of places and while you can avoid the crowds by doing stuff during the daytime, you aren't really going to get a feeling for a city until you experience it at the same time as everyone else.

I guess I could follow our friend FunkyMonk and check in on him in a year to see if he still thinks his new city is wonderful. However, though I do have some time on my hands, I think it's time to get back to actually helping those who come to this site find a great place to live or somewhere to eat/shop/socialize.

It's time to put dear FunkyMonk to rest people. Surely he needs to get out of his new apartment and socialize with the after-hours crowd. Coming home, turning on his computer, and sitting around arguing with us over trivial matters (which really only are opinions anyway) can't be good for any of us.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 PM

247 posts, read 745,233 times
Very well said 3d's.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Plus you get twice the sq. feet for your dollar on houses!
Heck yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I met a nice Hispanic gay couple w/adopted kids living in that neighborhood and they were happy there, so I'm guessing people must be fairly tolerant in Aurora. Just enjoy your neighborhood before someday when '60s tri-levels because the new "must have" home, and all the latte-drinkers move in and price the average Joe's out of their homes Mid Century Modern homes are going through that phase now.
That's funny, I just mentioned something to that effect the other day, while cruising the hood. I said, "Isn't this neighborhood great?, I hope the yuppies don't ever discover it and ruin it,". That would be a shame.

I think Aurora is tolerant, I mean it would kind of have to be, people of all backgrounds and walks of life live here.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:48 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,310,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I recently received this unsigned rep from a post I left in this thread:

aurora is the most lame god awful suburban hell hole made in America. How can one live there? I would kill myself if I did.
Haha--- I also got an unsigned "rep" from what appears to be the same poster. Here's what this anonymous coward said to me:

"awwww, he doesn't like your characterless and drabby city. Boo hoo. Denver is so overrated. Without the rockies being close it would be one large ****ty suburb like Phoenix."

Old 02-23-2009, 10:53 PM

90 posts, read 368,098 times
I also got a reputation comment from the same coward, I know because he also used the words characterless and drabby in his comment. I bet women really flock to him.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:47 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Haha--- I also got an unsigned "rep" from what appears to be the same poster. Here's what this anonymous coward said to me:

"awwww, he doesn't like your characterless and drabby city. Boo hoo. Denver is so overrated. Without the rockies being close it would be one large ****ty suburb like Phoenix."
LOL! Any ideas on who it could be?

Old 02-24-2009, 12:56 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
No kidding. But, since my baby daughter is taking yet another nap and I have some time on my hands, here is an observation I made. FunkyMonk likes to speak in generalities...we Denverites are afraid of Blacks and Mexicans, Denver is a snobby city devoid of culture, etc etc. Wherever he lives is heaven on earth compared to the awfulness of Denver.

It may be interesting to note, however, that when I did a quick scan of FunkyMonk's posts, they seem to be between the hours of 4 pm to early morning (3 am). It seems as if the oh-so-cultured critic of our fine city doesn't do much more than go to work (assuming he's got a regular day job), come home and get on the Denver site of city-data.com to tell us all how horrid our city is. Call me crazy, but his keen powers of observation and prejudice as well as his taking in all the sights and sounds of his new fabulous home state and city must take place only during the daytime. I've lived lots of places and while you can avoid the crowds by doing stuff during the daytime, you aren't really going to get a feeling for a city until you experience it at the same time as everyone else.

I guess I could follow our friend FunkyMonk and check in on him in a year to see if he still thinks his new city is wonderful. However, though I do have some time on my hands, I think it's time to get back to actually helping those who come to this site find a great place to live or somewhere to eat/shop/socialize.

It's time to put dear FunkyMonk to rest people. Surely he needs to get out of his new apartment and socialize with the after-hours crowd. Coming home, turning on his computer, and sitting around arguing with us over trivial matters (which really only are opinions anyway) can't be good for any of us.
You caught me, I have no life and i'm a computer nerd haha, not at all really. Today I was actually at the beach all day long. A lot of you have probably never even seen a beach

Lately this website has been like a habit of mine. I'm sure i'll get bored if it again really soon and stop coming. Right now my life is in a transitionary phase where I am just relaxing a lot and not doing a whole lot. It's good to shift gears like that sometimes.

The only reason why I started this thread is because a couple of months ago I very, very slightly critisized Denver. And a bunch of sour people said "Go home", "Leave the city", etc. I felt like I got a really rude reaction, so I responded apporopriately.

And also I keep getting private messages from Denver people saying things that are not too nice. This Denver forum is full of really defensive people. Some of these private messages are belligerant and foaming at the mouth angry. It's funny because i'm not even saying anything too extreme.

So it compells me to keep coming back. There is one regular to this forum in particular who keeps on writing me strange and angry comments in private. Even though I never respond to this person, the wierd, angry messages keep coming.

Anyway, you all enjoy it over there and I will enjoy what i'm doing. The main thing that I am so happy about is being out of Denver. That's just the truth. This is just my opinion, but I thought Denver really sucked and i'm sooooooo happy to be outta there.

Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver