Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:56 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunrise View Post
Oh, thanks. I hope that doesn't put you out of your way.
My kids are 5 and 2. The 5 yr old in in Kindergarten this year and will be ready for 1st next. Still a few years off from school with the little one.
The 5 yr old loves just about everything ... dance, t-ball, gymnastics, swimming, anything outdoors.
Two yr old ... anything that involves a ball ... lol
Not at all - the weather has been very nice to it will be a good excuse to run out at lunch! My kids have enjoyed growing up and living here. It is overall a pretty good place to be a kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM

17 posts, read 91,013 times
where are you finding your listings? I only found 2.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:12 PM

COhomefinder | Town And Country Village Fili Parker Colorado Real Estate Listings

I assume it's recent...didn't really look since I was just looking for pics....

Old 03-02-2009, 08:13 PM

thanks

Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
Why are you looking at townhomes? Price concerns? I noticed many of the townhomes and condos in Parker and nearby Highlands Ranch cost as much or more than single family homes in many cases, and that's not including the much higher HOA rates in townhome/condo complexes.

As far as Parker, we settled on Pinery Glen for our Parker neighborhood. Had a house but the deal fell through, trying again this summer. Our price range was low to mid 200s. Lots of kids in the neighborhood, spent about a week in the area and loved what we saw. Visited the schools(Mountain View Elem. and Northeast Elem.) and were happy with the staff and facilities. Cottonwood seemed a lot like the Acres Green area of Highlands Ranch. Bit older, less kept, and I noticed a higher amount of empty retail space on Parker Rd in that area, including some bigbox type locations.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 PM

We are going to rent for at least a year before making the move to purchase. We are relocating from out of state and want to make sure the job will be steady with the economy and all. Townhouse rentals are a lot cheaper to rent and many include the hoa fees that include water and trash.

We have to watch our money close, as we own a home here in AZ and need to sell it or rent it. It is up for sale right now, but the market is real bad right now and nothing is moving. So we may be stuck with both mtg and rent. Need to get into a community that is family friendly, safe and good schools all on this tight budget and this seems like the best option. With all of that said, I think it puts us in the older part of Parker.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:30 PM

I ran out there at lunch but had camera issues....I will try again tomorrow...I did notice that those townhouses look a lot better than I remember them looking. It looked like all or most were freshly painted and had new roofs. The common areas looked well kept. It was 70 out today and the park was full of kids. Also, there is a Montessori school within walking distance. Just FYI, if you are looking at a commute to DIA, I would sure take look at Aurora. There are very nice, family oriented parts of Aurora and it would most likely take a good 15 min each way off the commute. If you are set on Parker, stay to the north because the further south you go on Parker Rd. the worse the commute is going to be....

Old 03-03-2009, 09:14 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I ran out there at lunch but had camera issues....I will try again tomorrow...I did notice that those townhouses look a lot better than I remember them looking. It looked like all or most were freshly painted and had new roofs. The common areas looked well kept. It was 70 out today and the park was full of kids. Also, there is a Montessori school within walking distance. Just FYI, if you are looking at a commute to DIA, I would sure take look at Aurora. There are very nice, family oriented parts of Aurora and it would most likely take a good 15 min each way off the commute. If you are set on Parker, stay to the north because the further south you go on Parker Rd. the worse the commute is going to be....
Unless if you cough up a few bucks and take E-470, then it's a straight shot up.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Unless if you cough up a few bucks and take E-470, then it's a straight shot up.
Just thinking that could get pricey twice a day....probaby $10/day?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:16 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
Quote:
Just thinking that could get pricey twice a day....probaby $10/day?
Nearly double that at 27 cents a mile. Add in gas (SUV?) and the time spent. All that to live in the middle of nowhere and drive for everything. Only in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver