Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:47 PM

11 posts, read 70,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudgirl View Post
I'm not sure if I'm just used to more "aggressive" guys back east (meaning they come up and talk to you, I don't mean aggressive in a creepy/dangerous way), but I find myself walking around town surrounded by tons of handsome, rugged, athletic men (totally my type), but very few seem to be open to striking up a conversation.
Where from back east are you from? Couldn't possibly be DC; a lot of the men here have a disturbing lack of social skills! lol And yes, I have instigated conversations too.

I took a little sojourn to Denver in December, and I gotta tell ya, I had more action in one weekend in downtown Denver than I've had for months in DC. There are lots of gay men there though, so be forewarned; then again, there are a lot of gay men in DC, too. Still deciding on whether I want to live there though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 04:07 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
To the o/p, i think Denver women are great. When i was in my late teens/ early 20s, i would always ride up to Denver because of the women. The ones in CO Springs always seemed too sadity (at least the natives, not the transplants).

Old 02-05-2010, 09:47 PM

36 posts, read 108,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT28107 View Post
What's stopping you from talking to them? Why do guys always have to make the first move? Lots of times, we're aloof & terrible at noticing when a woman wants us. Take a chance. Don't just wait for everyone to come to you.
There's definitely nothing wrong with a woman making a move, it just hasn't been my experience. I guess it's a good learning experience to be on the other side of the coin and think those things that guys must think like "will he think I'm creepy? Will he think I just want to sleep with him? Will he think I'm too aggressive?" etc....

Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 PM

52 posts, read 152,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
That's absolutely true.

My parents met each other while each on vacation in Las Vegas....

That's a very ****ty overrated advice. It's like some people hoping for a lottery. If you are in a wrong place, you'll never meet anyone period...

Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 AM

795 posts, read 2,409,367 times
The core of Denver is more 30 something with all the young professionals...Lodo, uptown, Highlands, Ball park district, soon to be curtis and five points....

20 something is more cap hill and the outer hoods where there arent lofts and condos

But I cannot fathom how a city is to be generalized as good for dating or not. Successful dating is about how much a person puts into it.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
I heard something across the tube today.

Denver is a city of manthers

Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 PM

87 posts, read 253,841 times
What are some of your favorite activities to do for a date in and around Denver? Sure, taking advantage of the outdoors is a huge plus for this city, but what else do you enjoy? Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-01-2011, 07:37 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Though I am not single, what is with the questions about an entire city being a great dating scene? Can anyone please tell all of the single people what city in the entire US of A has tons of educated, attractive, friendly single men and women who are waiting at the border to welcome other single people who have just moved to the area? What city has those single people out on the town, without their pack of friends (which are intimidating) and who smile at everyone and give a great opening line? There is no such thing as a great city for dating. When Denver was rated the #1 place for singles, I will bet that there were plenty of people who disagreed and couldn't find anyone. I'll also bet that whatever city was rated as the worst place for singles likely had plenty of singles who found love and great partners.

The reality is this: It is not easy to be single if you are ready to find love. You've got to venture out from the bar scene and stop looking so hard. Find something that you are interested in and you will find someone who shares your interest. Like to exercise? Sign up for a running club. Like to read...a book club. Like art...take a class. I met my husband at a dog park when I looked my absolute worst and was just getting over the flu. You never know where you're going to meet someone.

By the way, the statistics that show a higher percentage of men versus women in Denver is misleading. Those numbers assume that every single one of the men and women who are counted are a good catch. I heard that California has a high number of single men to women but many of them are incarcerated. Alaska also has a high number of men to women, but what woman wants to live in a secluded mountain cabin with Paul Bunyan? All you need as a single person is to find just one other person who compliments you. Any city can provide that, you've just got to find them. Percentages and statistics don't mean anything. Most of it comes down to luck and taking advantage of opportunities when they arise. That person in front of you in line at the grocery store could be your perfect match. My single friends say that Denver is a great city to meet guys...they've met them at Rockies games, at a dog park (inspired by my story) and at the Tattered Cover bookstore.

I'll be forever single.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Why would you consider Denver any different than any other large metro area in the United States. Why even ask the question??? Woman here are not any different in the totality than anyplace else. Unless, your specific requirements are a bikini clad Gidget who lives only for the beach and surfing. If you look at the micro analysis, you may find more women here into horses and riding vs. the middle of Manhattan.

What do you think most woman run around here with petticoats and crinolines, and only are interested in the local square dances??? Yes, woman wait, with lustful anticipation, carrying fried chicken in baskets, waiting for their cowboys from the range.

Livecontent

Thank you...I feel so much better now.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1969 View Post
Ugh - must throw in my $0.02. The phrase "it'll happen when you least expect it" is a bit of a crock. Most of the boyfriends I've dated I definitely met when I was looking. And there have been plenty of times when I bagged it and took some time off from it, and I didn't meet squat.

Let's face it: If you're single, you're looking. You may say you're not, but you are. And guess what: It's NORMAL. It's not desperate. Humans were made to connect. Anything else is unnatural and breeds serial killers.

So on this note, I will say two things:

1. It'll often happen in a way you didn't really expect. Note that this is different and quite frankly more sensible.
2. It truly helps if the person you do meet is as open as you are to meeting someone. Can be pretty miserable if that person really isn't. You'll spend plenty of nights in anxiety or banging your head against a wall.

That said, looks like I may be giving Denver a try. I've been there a few times, and it should be a refreshing change from DC. How's the job situation these days?
I'm screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver