Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 02:03 PM

4,306 posts, read 13,469,948 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Quick question: where is the best place to park on a Friday evening for visiting the Denver City & County Building? I have a summons and will be driving down there in a couple of months. Normally when I'm in that area I just park at the multi-storey lot near the DAM - would that work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 07:00 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,088,106 times
The lots on Bannock, just south of the City and County building are the cheapest and an easy walk. I use the lot on the southwest corner of 13th and Bannock, next to Dozens restaurant. There are many meters on the street in that area as well and if you only plan to be there for an hour or two, it might be cheapest to feed the meter. Depending on what is happening at the Denver Art Museum, it could be expensive in the parking garage.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:15 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Take the bus or the commuter rail since these buildings are in the center of Denver. At Friday evening, you could pick the closest rail park n' ride which would at that time porbably will have empty spots. Then, if you have a problem in court, like being jailed or losing your license, you will not have to worry about your car accumulating costs in an expensive parking spot. And if your case is dismissed, you can celebrate, if you did not drive at all, and you will have a worry free commute home.

Livecontent

Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 AM

Sadly I don't live in Denver so I have NO clue about the light rail or bus system down there and I don't think this is a good time to be finding out. Besides, if I lose my license I'll have plenty of other worries as I will then have NO way to get to work which is 20 miles from where I live! And what do you mean jail time?! Way to freak me out! I was doing fine until I read that .

If I can celebrate, trust me, I won't be doing it in Denver! In fact, I may never go down there again.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 AM

119 posts, read 469,197 times
If you don't mind walking and it isn't dark out you can park a few blocks south for free. I've parked and walked from the Denver Health Medical Complex before.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,400,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
Sadly I don't live in Denver so I have NO clue about the light rail or bus system down there and I don't think this is a good time to be finding out. Besides, if I lose my license I'll have plenty of other worries as I will then have NO way to get to work which is 20 miles from where I live! And what do you mean jail time?! Way to freak me out! I was doing fine until I read that .

If I can celebrate, trust me, I won't be doing it in Denver! In fact, I may never go down there again.
I am sorry I upset you. Now, you should not be so concerned. I have read many of your post and you are a very interesting and well traveled person, whose differences are welcomed and needed in Colorado. Taking public transit should be very easy for you, and it is really a great suggestion. Just think that you are in the UK, where you can get many places in London, without driving--Denver is nothing compared to that great "big" city. So, leave your car at home, one day, take the regional bus from Longmont or Boulder to Denver and remember how you enjoyed yourself without the hassle of driving and get to see our great "little" city and become familiar with our "tiny" steps in public transportation.

Livecontent

Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I am sorry I upset you. Now, you should not be so concerned. I have read many of your post and you are a very interesting and well traveled person, whose differences are welcomed and needed in Colorado. Taking public transit should be very easy for you, and it is really a great suggestion. Just think that you are in the UK, where you can get many places in London, without driving--Denver is nothing compared to that great "big" city. So, leave your car at home, one day, take the regional bus from Longmont or Boulder to Denver and remember how you enjoyed yourself without the hassle of driving and get to see our great "little" city and become familiar with our "tiny" steps in public transportation.

Livecontent
You didn't upset me. It happened on Saturday so I'm still in recovery from the trauma . I keep meaning to take public transport just for the experience and I do have 2 months before the hearing so perhaps one of these days I will bite that bullet. I drove down there yesterday to check out the area and it's so close to the DAM I know where I'd be going and where to park. It's just it would be such along bus ride home to Longmont afterwards!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:17 PM

One more question: a friend told me today I would need my driver's license and proof of insurance for my appearance. Is that true? I realised today I couldn't find my POI anywhere so I left messages for my insurance agent to Fedex me a new one when he gets back to work next week but is it absolutely essential I take it with me? Incidentally, my hearing got postponed as they closed all the Denver govt buildings today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver