Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2009, 12:56 PM

11 posts, read 33,597 times

Advertisements

We are planning a move to the Denver area this summer. MY high school son has some learning issues. He has an IEP and is in regular and concepts (small class size) classes and is doing well. Does anyone know about the special ed in high schools in Denver. I would ideally like a smaller public high school that has concepts classes and a learning skills class. If anyone can tell me how the school districts treat special ed I would appreciate it. I have had great luck with the school district here in New Jersey and would love to find something as good in Denver. Any info or resources would be a great help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 01:04 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Do you know where you'll be moving? I would ask around the particular district where you think you'll be living. We live in Douglas County. I have heard good things about the special ed but don't know first hand. One thing I have seen and think is neat are the schools that participate in Unified sports. The unified teams consist of special ed students of all levels. The have games that are well attended, supported by the cheerleaders and students and the students can earn letters for participating. Way cool in my book.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:02 PM

156 posts, read 717,616 times
We just recently moved to the Denver area. Our corporate housing was in Douglas county because that is the district I *thought* (thought being the operative word ) we wanted to buy a house in. My son is special ed, and is currently in middle school in Douglas County Schools. Let's just say I am VERY happy we purchased a home in the Cherry Creek School District. After only a few days in the Douglas County School District, I realized it was not going to provide what I felt was a quality education for my special needs son. I also read some "horror stories" on an another internet site that is run by moms of children with special ed in Douglas County. My son will be in high school in less than 2 years, and I'm really happy with the quality of the high school he will be attending...Smoky Hill. I've heard good things from other parents of sp. ed. kids about this school (and CCSD in general for sp. ed), and had a nice chat with one of the special ed staff for the district, and it left me with a good feeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver