Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 10,657 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting my girlfriend in Denver im a few weeks. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on a nice romantic place that I can take her. Money is not a deciding factor, and I would like something with a view if possible. She has lived there for years and would be a great person to ask, only this is supposed to be a surprise.

I was there over valentines day and we went to Bauer's but that is the only place I have been. Any suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:15 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,068,800 times
Other then a view, what type of food? Views at great restaurants are not common in Denver, but some views are great in the foothills. I use to love the view from Simm's Landing but the food went down hill. Keys on the Green and the Fort are some to consider. Steaks at Capitol Grill The Capital Grille Restaurant or Sullivan's are great in Denver, 1515 has a nice variety 1515 Restaurant Denver Colorado , Asti was good for Italian Asti d'Italia - The Menu - Dinner also is Barolo Grill Welcome to Barolo Grill - Rustica Elegante - Denver, CO and Cucina Colore - Cherry Creek Restaurant, Contemporary Italian Cuisine, Denver Restaurant, Italian Restaurant and Luca di Italia Luca D'Italia and Mizuna Welcome To Mizuna | A Special Place For Food Lovers . Others: Root Down Root Down - Dinner , Lola loladenver > Home , Strings New American Contemporary Cuisine & Fine Dining in Denver, Colorado | Strings Restaurant and Sushi Den (fish flown in daily)

Old 04-14-2009, 05:24 PM

2,885 posts, read 7,097,978 times
If you want to travel as far as Boulder, Flagstaff House has a wonderful view. The food is excellent, as is the wine list. It's also quite expensive.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:54 PM

229 posts, read 747,935 times
Flagstaff House is probably a good call. The Peaks Lounge on one of the top floors of the new downtown Denver Hyatt has cool views - but its a lounge, not a restaurant. So maybe a good spot for a pre-dinner cocktail and then hit a nice dinner spot downtown. pic - Denver Restaurants, Downtown Dining, Lounges, Bars & Area Nightlife - Hyatt Regency

Westword is our free local weekly rag and this SOB has eaten at almost every restaurant in the city. For some ideas, here's his list from the 'Best Of' issue
Denver - Best of Denver - Denver Restaurants: Food & Drink

Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 PM

380 posts, read 1,225,075 times
I am also looking for a nice place to take a guest visiting from out of town. He is staying at the Hyatt downtown and I think we want to hang downtown as well. I am looking for something different so no chains. I am already planning to take him to Peaks for a cocktail and the view and then to dinner. Nothing too loud. We would like to be able to talk. Ideas?

Old 04-14-2009, 10:51 PM

573 posts, read 2,497,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
Other then a view, what type of food? Views at great restaurants are not common in Denver, but some views are great in the foothills. I use to love the view from Simm's Landing but the food went down hill. Keys on the Green and the Fort are some to consider. Steaks at Capitol Grill The Capital Grille Restaurant or Sullivan's are great in Denver, 1515 has a nice variety 1515 Restaurant Denver Colorado , Asti was good for Italian Asti d'Italia - The Menu - Dinner also is Barolo Grill Welcome to Barolo Grill - Rustica Elegante - Denver, CO and Cucina Colore - Cherry Creek Restaurant, Contemporary Italian Cuisine, Denver Restaurant, Italian Restaurant and Luca di Italia Luca D'Italia and Mizuna Welcome To Mizuna | A Special Place For Food Lovers . Others: Root Down Root Down - Dinner , Lola loladenver > Home , Strings New American Contemporary Cuisine & Fine Dining in Denver, Colorado | Strings Restaurant and Sushi Den (fish flown in daily)
I would also recommend The Fort if you're into steak & potatoes type food. The view is great.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:58 PM

1,536 posts, read 6,068,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_koolkat View Post
I am also looking for a nice place to take a guest visiting from out of town. He is staying at the Hyatt downtown and I think we want to hang downtown as well. I am looking for something different so no chains. I am already planning to take him to Peaks for a cocktail and the view and then to dinner. Nothing too loud. We would like to be able to talk. Ideas?
What kind of food? Some of the hotels do well with their restaurants, like Hotel Theatro or Ocean that is on the backside of The Curtis. Both are just 2 - 3 blocks from the Hyatt.

Heck for both the OP and KoolKat, consider a show at the DCPA, Paramount or Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret to really make the night cool. All on or within a simple walk of the 16th Street Mall.

The Denver Center for the Performing Arts

ParamountDenver.com

Lannie’s Clocktower Cabaret

Also, consider a horse and carriage ride if the event is really special!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 AM

380 posts, read 1,225,075 times
DA, you are terrific. Can always count on you for great information when it comes to anything about Denver! Thank you!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 AM

13 posts, read 44,247 times
I also really like the melting pot in littleton for Fondue, very romantic place to go for dinner.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,465,602 times
As someone mentioned the Fort: The Fort Famous fine dining restaurant located in Morrison, Colorado, Southwest Denver

I know they used to offer a helicopter ride to and from package as well.

Personally I'd opt for Casa Bonita, ask for a table near the divers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver