Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 03:57 PM

3,373 posts, read 9,157,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
I wish i was...
LOL, you want to be in Texas 'cause you can't booze in public past 2am?

Nice !

There is more to CO than getting polluted :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_call_(bar_term)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,689,466 times
oh you oldie!!! nowadays, many clubs stay open even if they aren't serving booze just so people can hang and dance. But I'm with you, hook up or go home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Stay open for what? As I recall from my single/bar days, once the liquor was shut off, it was time to either hook up or go home and sleep, before the lights came on or the buzz wore off!

Old 04-27-2009, 04:40 PM

oh that's an easy one, BBQ hands down!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
You can buy boose here in Colorado on sundays. I cant imagine which is better, clubs that are open without booze in texas or being able to make a beer run for a nice sunday BBQ...

Old 04-28-2009, 04:54 PM

573 posts, read 2,498,701 times
Because the last call in Fulton and Dekalb county is 4. Dekalb was trying to pull it back to 2 but I'm not sure how that worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Interesting. I wonder how were we allowed then to drink booze past 2am in Atlanta then? Also, how about New Orleans, Miami and New York?

Old 04-28-2009, 05:06 PM

omg I was being sarcastic. Please read all the posts in this thread. I wasn't seriously asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs1357 View Post
Because the last call in Fulton and Dekalb county is 4. Dekalb was trying to pull it back to 2 but I'm not sure how that worked out.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 PM

360 posts, read 1,122,583 times
Utah is 1am guys, sorry. Plus the state run liquor/wine stores close nightly around 8 i think, and are closed Sundays and all major state holidays. People that are hearty to party, drive carpools (I imagine there's a DD) to Wendover, Nevada, 90 minutes away, which is 24/7, liquor/wine in grocery stores, etc.

In a club, the lights all go bright at 12.57 (or so) am, so bartenders/wait staff can pick up the goods! At least the liquor stores in CO are open Sundays now.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:13 AM

128 posts, read 435,834 times
I'm guessing that none of that has to do with the main religion there? Kind of like my comments about Minnesota's liquor laws and store hours which sound very similar...LOTS of Lutherans there. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it. Another reason for religion to stay out of state affairs, if you don't want to drink...don't do it, if you need state and local laws to keep you from doing something then you need medical help.

I spent a summer in a small MN town bordering Wisconsin...the bars in the MN town closed at 1AM so there was then a mass drunken migration across the Mississippi River to the bars in WI to drink for another hour, then another even more-so drunken mass migration BACK in to MN. Tell me that is intelligent

Old 04-30-2009, 12:15 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,467,384 times
Quote:
At least the liquor stores in CO are open Sundays now.
Barely. They ***** about having to do so and wonder why grocery stores who are open for longer and normal hours will one day gain the ability to sell beer wine and liquor.

The real question though -- why in a country with a supposed seperation of church and state -- do we have the stupid ****ing christian laws of stupidity.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:23 AM

128 posts, read 435,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Barely. They ***** about having to do so and wonder why grocery stores who are open for longer and normal hours will one day gain the ability to sell beer wine and liquor.
That is one thing I really miss about Louisiana, being able to pick up my beer while doing the grocery shopping or at a gas station on my way to a BBQ or something while I fill up the gas tank...I don't drink wine very often and I avoid hard liquor like the plague.

The real question though -- why in a country with a supposed seperation of church and state -- do we have the stupid ****ing christian laws of stupidity.[/quote]

Because we elect people in to power who push their own religious agenda or succumb to the lobbying of religious groups Like I said, they need someone to control themselves and if they can't have it they don't want anyone else to either. Bottom line, religion is not necessary to have morality AND morality can NOT be legislated (apparently contrary to popular belief).

On the other hand steve, it could be worse...we could be subject to Sharia law, would be much worse for women than men but I think both sexes would have issues with it.

Maybe I should shut up now as this could get ugly real quick lol.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:11 PM

20 posts, read 53,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smguy101 View Post
As it is in every state, Everything stops serving alcohol at 2, but th eclub could stay open past that.
That's not how it is in every state. The New York State law, for example, sets last call at no later than 4:00 AM. Though I think some cities within NY may set it earlier, there are at least some (Albany, I know for certain) where bars/clubs stay open and serving until 4:00 AM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver