Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 03:49 PM

56 posts, read 192,051 times

Advertisements

Thank you both for the info.

The car is a 2008 so I believe there is no need for emissions testing since it is within 4-years of manufacture date.

I actually will not be registering my truck in CO, as my parents are the rightful owner's on the title and register it in AZ. When answering the Residency questionairre I am going to tell them I do not own a car in CO.

My fiance, however, has her car in her name, so she will be registering it in CO. On the Residency papers it asks "Have you operated a motor vehicle in the state of CO within the past 12 months?". I will answer 'Yes' for this and put in her vehicle information, with the CO registration.

I am hoping it all works out.

Thanks again everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 04:46 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcollins22 View Post
. . .

The car is a 2008 so I believe there is no need for emissions testing since it is within 4-years of manufacture date.

A caveat; check with DMV, but the regulations are not clear and seem to say that there is no need for for emissions testing within 4 years of manufacture date if the car is newly purchased in Colorado or has never been registered in another state.

So if the car has already been registered in the state you're moving from, she may need to get the emissions test.

Emissions Regulations

Quote:
1982 and Newer Vehicles (Inspection Fee: $24.25)

* If your vehicle is a 1982 or newer model year gasoline-powered vehicle, you must get an enhanced emissions test (I/M 240). The test is required every two years. Visit Air Care Colorado at their website or call them on their hotline at 303-456-7090 for locations, directions, current wait times and other program information.

* If your vehicle is brand new and/or was purchased in another state and has never been registered in any state, the vehicle is exempt from emissions testing for 4 years.

* Newly purchased vehicles less than 4 years old are exempt from emissions testing for 4 years from the date of manufacture. For example, a 2003 vehicle is exempt until 2007.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver