Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,312 times

Advertisements

We've been here 3 years. Moved from Omaha. Love the weather. It can snow hard and often but the next sunny day, the roads are clear. Commute is easy if you find a place on the bus line or are close to I-70 like others have mentioned. The bus follows CR64 aka Evergreen Parkway. Evergreen is huge geographically and the variety is too. Part of Evergreen is in clear creek county which I recommend over Jeffco. We have a couple houses within 6 blocks of downtown evergreen and the bike noise is like white noise. We also have a couple in No. Evergreen where I prefer but my wife prefers to be a little closer to the action. You can always rent one of our homes and experience different areas first hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 10:52 AM

4 posts, read 5,833 times
I spent 18 years in Evergreen and still visit Family who lives there. Snow is something that all Coloradians half to get use to. Parts of Evergreen expecially in areas that more rural are often snow in people are forced to wait for a snow plow. However mains roads are kept clear, just practice icy roads driving,oh watch out for deer and elk there are huge heards that cross roads and highways. Winters were my favorite time of year skating on Evergreen lake , snow skiing, etc

Downtown Evergreen has a Bar called the Little Bear, some great musicans have played there John Denver, Willie Nelson and some others. Great rocking time if you are into live music,and yes on some days it becomes a biker bar.

Whoisjongault is right it It's also got restaurants, a 2 rec center, beautiful lake, 2 golf courses any many other things. Kind of made me realize how much it changed over the years as early the mid-late 90's there weren't big companies like Home depot, Walgreens and Blockbuster in town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver