Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM

5 posts, read 37,826 times

Advertisements

Hello All! I will be moving to Denver this summer and would like to start narrowing down some options as to where to live. I have been looking at areas that are close to my work location, but not too close. I will be working in the business district in the convention center area. I have looked at just about every neighborhood and have a good feel for the price ranges and the "culture" of certain areas. I have been attracted to Uptown, LoDo(pricey though), Golden Traingle and Ballpark.(of course I am open to others) I don't want to pass judgement on any one of them since I really don't know much about them other then what I have seen online. Coming straight out of college, I am naturally looking for a youthful area(which I understand much of denver is) and one that is close to entertainment, bars, and most of all safe. I live in a sketchy neighborhood next to campus here at the University of Delaware and don't care to have a repeat living experience that I am in now. Its not horrible, the landlord sucks and a "runaway" was arrested by the cops in my backyard over the weekend. Not an ideal living area! If anyone could provide some advisement as to living locations and even some possible apartment areas, I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
You might try Wash Park and/or the DU (University of Denver) areas.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:40 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
I wouldn't recommend LoDo as a place to live because it's very expensive and tends to be noisy. Ballpark is probably cheaper than the other areas you mentioned because I think they're a little overbuilt for demand there. (I'm thinking mostly of rental prices, since that's what I think you're talking about). You also didn't mention Capitol Hill -- it's probably the cheapest of all the areas around, and as you get to the south or east (Cheesman Park) it's cheaper yet and generally quieter and safer. The Highland area across I-25 is also coming to be a nice area as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: