Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 PM

27 posts, read 112,762 times

Advertisements

Would love to here from any former Chicagoans now living in the Front Range. HOW is it better or worse. Thanks for any responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM

9 posts, read 40,601 times
Me too!! We are thinking of moving in October! Would love any imput.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:48 AM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobears View Post
Me too!! We are thinking of moving in October! Would love any imput.
Yer gonna love da Bronco's!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:26 PM

27 posts, read 112,762 times
Quote:
[
Me too!! We are thinking of moving in October! Would love any imput
Also hoping to be out there this Fall.

Quote:
Yer gonna love da Bronco's!!!
Maybe we could start our own "Bear's Fan Club"

Old 04-13-2007, 08:42 PM

9 posts, read 40,601 times
I'm a true Cubbie and Bears fan!! Not sure about the Bronco's. It'll take a lot of tailgating to sway me!!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 11:55 PM

9 posts, read 296,519 times
Default Chicago

Im going to try and not make this sound like an advertisement, but if you guys want a real taste of home and you may be able to find more Bear/Cub fans, you should check out Chicago hot dogs located at 6680 W. Colfax in Lakewood. My wife and I go there all the time and love it..

Old 05-02-2007, 12:28 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,030 times
Chicagobred chick right here! I currently live in Henderson/Las Vegas, Nevada(sucks!!!) for the last three years, but plan to move to Fort collins,CO. I miss my own peeps! I notice there's a few of us trying to move there this fall. I am concerned with finding a job there. I join everyone's curiousity of other Chicagolanders' opinions of the area. Maybe this is a good opportunity to network on multiple areas....GO BEARS!!

Who misses Portillos?

Old 05-03-2007, 12:38 AM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,030 times
I'm excited for the opportunity to move to Fort Collins area. It will be closer to Chicago to visit my friends back home. It got so expensive to visit from Las Vegas! And, everyone will want to come and visit me a lot more too!

Old 05-07-2007, 07:09 AM

404 posts, read 710,855 times
I still live in Chicago, but I've been to Colorado 7 out of the last 10 years. I hate to say it, but I am looking to move. I have a civil complaint that's heading for arbitration on May 22nd. So to get away from the evil police here, my 1st choice is Colorado, and it scares the bajeebies out of me.

Of course I don;t want to move from city to city, and would rather move from city to the country. So far the best deal price wise, that I've run across is a small cabin outside of Westcliffe that comes with 12.79 park-like acres. 2nd has to be 10 acres near Antonito on the Rio Grande that has power.

The only difference between Chicago and Denver is within 20 minutes, you can be in the mountains from Denver, and it takes 90 minutes to get out of Chicago and into the country.

Have a great day!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:21 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bms View Post
Grew up in the "Chicagoland" area. Denver is better. Better weather, more to do including skiing, hiking, etc. Just as much "culture" as Chicago so don't unload that BS on me.

Chicago is all about reputation. You can watch the Rockies suck just as much as the Cubs at a better ballpark. Broncos fans are more passionate than Bears fans any day. After that, you are left with some cool museums in Chicago but they have cool museums here too and the lake. I'll take the Rocky Mountains over the lake any day of the week.

Unless you are obsessed with Chicago for some reason, Denver is much better.
Youre joking right?

Heres where youre wrong:

Youre comparing a expansion ball club that plays in Coors Field, to an original that plays in Wrigley? To call Coors a better ballpark is blasphemy to any baseball purist. Broncos fans are pretty passionate, Ill give them that, but not even close to Bears fans. They dont make SNL skits regarding Broncos fans. As for the "culture" thing, youve clearly never been to Chicago? Denver is not even close to Chicago's cultural offerings, not even close. Heck, there are probably more Polish people here alone than there is all of people in Denver. LOL As for museums, there are more in Chicago. Heck, just downtown alone we have the Museum of Science and Industry, the Art Institute of Chicago, the Field Museum, the Adler Planetarium, the Shedd Aquarium. There are MANY more in the suburbs too.

Denver is a great city, I love spending time there (that and Estes Park and COS), but you cant really compare the two, theyre completely different. With that being said, Denver is probably my fave big city west of the Mississippi. But its only 1/4 of Chicago's size, you have to remember that. You wouldnt see someone comparing Albuquerque to Houston or NYC....you just cant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver