Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM

171 posts, read 581,950 times

Advertisements

As a complete outsider to the city, I was surprised how hard it was to get from Littleton to downtown. Either you go way out of the way to the 25, or have to take the half-freeway Sante Fe. I'm with you - I'd rather deal with traffic than traffic lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPacker View Post
I'll second this one. I used to take Santa Fe to I25 to Speer to get home. I tried taking Santa Fe all the way to Speer a few times when I25 was backed up. The intersection at Santa Fe/Alameda takes forever to get through. One time I even caught the train passing through just north of Alameda during rush hour. That was an absolute nightmare and enough for me to just deal with the slowness of I25.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 02:19 PM

664 posts, read 2,066,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucbedge View Post
As a complete outsider to the city, I was surprised how hard it was to get from Littleton to downtown. Either you go way out of the way to the 25, or have to take the half-freeway Sante Fe. I'm with you - I'd rather deal with traffic than traffic lights.
I've found Broadway and University are good routes to take downtown since traffic lights tend to be a little better coordinated on them. You'll go slower, but steadier. Santa Fe goes pretty good from Littleton up until you get into Denver. For some reason Denver decides they don't like people to move fast on Santa Fe & you'll stop at Florida, Mississippi, etc. And then past I-25 you'll stop at almost every cross-street that has a light! Blame Denver not the suburbs! Put together with being a big route from Highlands Ranch, it gets used a bit.

I'm the opposite - I'd rather deal with traffic lights than bumper-to-bumper traffic on the freeway. I don't want to get caught in a tight place where I can't exit (ie turn on a side street) if I have to.

Don't forget - Littleton to downtown is a light rail option that works well right now.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,491,237 times
Founders Parkway in Castle Rock. The road is paved nicely and it has some good scenery, but the police speed traps are extremely annoying. A 4 lane divided highway out in a non-populated area with a speed limit of 45. It would be nice if Castle Rock actually had some crime to deal with, then the police would something better to do than just sit and nail people for doing 49 in a 45 zone.

Nav

Old 07-01-2009, 03:26 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,482,801 times
Wadsworth north from I-70 until US-36 on a bike. So many hills.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:09 PM

119 posts, read 469,197 times
Wadswort from about 38th to past I70 can be brutal at times too.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 AM

181 posts, read 582,737 times
Every inch of that miserable stinking lousy suburban wasteland of a street--Arapahoe Road.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzimmerman View Post
Every inch of that miserable stinking lousy suburban wasteland of a street--Arapahoe Road.
Why? I have to ask because it's my street and I want to know what you hate about it. It has 3 distinct parts - from Broadway to about Quebec it's semi-dense residential, Quebec to past Parker it is quite horrible, wide, busy commercial and then it becomes semi-rural. Do you dislike all of?

Old 07-02-2009, 09:52 AM

It's ugly, crowded, soulless, and full of poorly-driven SUVs. I have to admit that I've never taken it east of Parker Road.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzimmerman View Post
It's ugly, crowded, soulless, and full of poorly-driven SUVs. I have to admit that I've never taken it east of Parker Road.
Fair enough. Just curious. I do agrees stretches are like that.

How about Lincoln Ave?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicheesefries View Post
How about Lincoln Ave?
I've only been on it once or twice. I wasn't impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver