Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2009, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,732 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving to Denver and would like some advice on areas to consider. I'm a single woman, 36, who travels for business nearly every week. I would prefer not to be more than 30 minutes from the airport and I would like to live in a hip, fun area with restaurants and shopping. I love to throw pottery, so I will also be looking for a pottery studio where I can work. I prefer not to spend too much on rent (~$1000/mo), since I am gone a lot, but I am willing to pay more for someplace that I love coming home to. I need at minimum 1 bdrm w/office. I would love to be near art, walking trails, and/or parks, but would also consider more small-town charm (if there is such an area that's not all families and has some single professionals). I'm planning a trip in late August to check out the area and I really appreciate any suggestions you may have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:42 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,117 times
Cheeseman Park, Congress Park, Uptown. Maybe areas along Broadway or the Highlands but the commute to DIA will exceed your 30 minutes.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:45 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,976,875 times
Most convenient of all to DIA would be Stapleton -- you can easily take a transit shuttle between Stapleton and DIA and still be less than 30 minutes in duration. Park Hill would also be convenient to the Stapleton shuttle. SteveinDenv'er's suggestions are good but if they're 30 minutes door to door then it's just barely.

As you probably know, DIA is miles away from the city, still off by itself on the high plains to the northeast. The communities surrounding are generally not considered all that desirable, certainly not a "hip,fun area." So, I suggest you live in one of the neighborhoods mentioned in the city of Denver.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 AM

2 posts, read 6,463 times
Smile Stapleton/Lowry area might be your best bet

You sound as if you are more than likely a "Stapleton/Lowry" area person. It's fairly close to the airport DIA (as a matter of fact, the old airport WAS Stapleton). There is a bus route running from Stapleton to the new airport, which would be very convenient for you, too. Although it has a smattering of older community mixed in, it rates well on quality of life for small-town like urban areas of shopping (walking districts, especially, then Northfield Stapleton). You might be pushing it on the rent a little, but I haven't priced it recently since the downturn, so you just may be in luck.
You would be fairly close (15 minutes) to all the downtown art you can manage, as well.

(Shameless plug, you can stop reading now if you like) I have a house for rent/sale in the Green Valley Ranch area, which is only 10 minutes door to door to the airport. It's not as nice of an area, but also much less expensive. It has a big yard though, which, if I were in your shoes, I might not want... but, I will just throw it out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: