Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 10:00 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustytuu View Post
Denver is a great place if you can afford the high taxes. Vehicle licenses are very high as most states go. In Denver area the vehicle license do not decrease in cost until you have owned the vehicle 10 years. Some of the suburbs are same.

Have seen many multi races here and no one gives it a thought. I believe your sons will be very accepted.
I don't notice taxes being unusually high here. And my vehicle registration fees go down each year. I've lived in California, Kansas, and Texas (other than CO) and I think TX was cheaper for vehicle registration, but CO is similar to KS and CA in that aspect.

Any state that has dirt cheap vehicle registration fees will get you somewhere else. The roads don't pave themselves and you can't get something for nothing.

Old 08-24-2010, 09:22 AM

4 posts, read 9,291 times
@ wanttomoveeast - Thank you for writing that they are tons of interracial couples in Denver. I'm black and my husband is white. I have three children,girl 13, and 2 boys ages 5 and 6. I've been reading various threads from CO and VA. Lakewood, CO seems more affordable than outside Quantico, VA.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 3,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
NO, this is not correct. The license cost decreases every year, as the car ages, and stays the same after 10 years. However, it is extremely costly to own to license a car in Colorado. That is why I have a 16 year old car, which I bought new, and I saw the cost to register decrease every year to now, a very low rate. I have owned four new cars in this state and cost to register decreased every year.

Livecontent
[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[SIZE=4]What I said is correct. It depends on which county you live in Colorado if your license cost decrease before vehicle is 10 years old. In Denver county, Aurora, Arapaho county and suburbs around Denver your license will be very high and will not go down until your vehicle is 10 years old.
When we lived in Colorado we lived in Elbert county and did decrease every year but were still very high. Our 5th wheel license were $1,300 after it was a year old. When new it was over $3.000. Our truck was $900 first year and almost $800 the second year.
I paid over $ 400 a year for license renewal on a 8 year old SUV in Aurora CO which was in Arapaho county,
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Old 09-01-2010, 11:22 AM

54 posts, read 129,404 times
The above is incorrect. In Denver:

The ownership tax rate is based on the age of the vehicle from the date of manufacture. The ownership tax is calculated by multiplying the taxable value by the tax rate. (See Example #2 below)
Vehicle Age Tax Rate
1 year 2.10%
2 year 1.50%
3 year 1.20%
4th year .90%
5-9th year .45%
10th year and older Flat fee of $3.00

Link to the Denvergov.org website:
Fees and Sales Tax

Just renewed the plates on my car and while the fee is pretty high compared to some states it did go down and heck my property taxes are much too low. People from TX and the east coast and even some of the surrounding counties are shocked at how little we pay in property taxes and we get free trash removal to boot!

Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustytuu View Post
[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][SIZE=4]
[SIZE=4]What I said is correct. It depends on which county you live in Colorado if your license cost decrease before vehicle is 10 years old. In Denver county, Aurora, Arapaho county and suburbs around Denver your license will be very high and will not go down until your vehicle is 10 years old.
When we lived in Colorado we lived in Elbert county and did decrease every year but were still very high. Our 5th wheel license were $1,300 after it was a year old. When new it was over $3.000. Our truck was $900 first year and almost $800 the second year.
I paid over $ 400 a year for license renewal on a 8 year old SUV in Aurora CO which was in Arapaho county,
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
I have an 08 Prius and it was a little over $300 the first year, then dropped to the 200s the second year, and I live in Denver County. I think it went up a little this year due to the state increase, but still not as much as it originally was.

Old 09-01-2010, 06:42 PM

42 posts, read 81,390 times
Denver is VANILLA. Painfully, VANILLA.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:32 PM

84 posts, read 337,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Chick View Post
Denver is VANILLA. Painfully, VANILLA.
Haha. It's less vanilla than Boston, Portland, Seattle, Las Vegas, and a lot of other cities. Why do you think it's vanilla? But yeah, if you lived in a white area of the city (central and south side) then you would probably think such a thing.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 AM

27 posts, read 93,209 times
Denver has its urban parts and is diverse id reccomend the montbello area or the eastside of denver where more african americans live and 5 pointz has alot of african american culture there but some of these areas have a high crime rate so it depends where you'd wanna live.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:02 PM

3,530 posts, read 9,720,684 times
Thanks - I'm now not wanting to move east but more wanting to move to another part of Denver. LOL

I stand by what I said, I'm generally happy with the people here in Denver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantepage View Post
@ wanttomoveeast - Thank you for writing that they are tons of interracial couples in Denver. I'm black and my husband is white. I have three children,girl 13, and 2 boys ages 5 and 6. I've been reading various threads from CO and VA. Lakewood, CO seems more affordable than outside Quantico, VA.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:08 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
Thanks - I'm now not wanting to move east but more wanting to move to another part of Denver. LOL

I stand by what I said, I'm generally happy with the people here in Denver.
I like it, Iwanttomovesouth (Denver, that is).

There's no place like home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver