Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:40 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Not hating. Just know what I've heard about it. I've heard that Aurora Central is one of the roughest schools in the Denver area. I've heard the Aurora Mall has gangs. Doesn't the Highline go through those areas? Northern Aurora near Aurora Central is not a neighborhood I've ever gone to, nor ever wanted to go to. Nor would I ever recommend moving there for someone who's completely new to Denver.
Highline goes nowhere near Aurora Central, and doesn't even go that close to Aurora Mall. Until you walk the halls of Aurora Central (I haven't either), you might want to wait to form an opinion of it.

The biggest fault of Aurora is that some people tend to speak of it only based on what they have heard. Not experienced, or lived, heard.

I used to live several blocks east of where Highline goes through Expo Park, which is at Alameda and Havana. Not a bad area in the least, in fact, it's quite a nice area.

"Aurora Mall has gangs". No, Aurora Mall has Black and Latino shoppers. If that's what you call "gangs"......

I know North Aurora fairly well, I have never lived there, but I have to go there occasionally for work, and have shopped there. It's not heaven, but there are worse places, and since I can afford to live elsewhere, I do. Right now, it's becoming a weird mix of yuppies and poverty, thanks to the new hospitals.

In conclusion, Highline Canal is completely safe.....I'm pretty sure that the "thugs" aren't patrolling it and robbing poor lil' joggers and bicyclists of their possessions. Why don't you go have a looksee? And when you do, please let me know what you find.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:24 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
The biggest fault of Aurora is that some people tend to speak of it only based on what they have heard. Not experienced, or lived, heard.
Fair enough. I still wouldn't recommend that someone completely new to and unfamilar with the Denver area to move to central Aurora, would you ? Of all the places on the Highline Canal, is that not the highest crime area ? I'm sure the trail is usually plenty safe in the daytime, but nearby the trail I'll bet there are some higher crime blocks that I would not enjoy living on.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:48 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Fair enough. I still wouldn't recommend that someone completely new to and unfamilar with the Denver area to move to central Aurora, would you ? Of all the places on the Highline Canal, is that not the highest crime area ? I'm sure the trail is usually plenty safe in the daytime, but nearby the trail I'll bet there are some higher crime blocks that I would not enjoy living on.
Dude, we moved to Central Aurora eight months after moving to metro Denver. So yes, I would recommend it. The only thing I would caution against is putting a child in Virginia Court Elementary School, otherwise Central Aurora is a fine place to live, and the area surrounding Expo Park (which has the beloved CC schools BTW) is much nicer than the area I lived in, Aurora Hills.

IMO, the Highline Canal goes through nothing but safe areas. Being a victim of crime (IMO) is rare, and being a victim of a random crime is even rarer. We had no issues with crime in our time there, and I would probably live there again, with that particular school being my only reservation.

I wish I still lived over there, because I'd invite you to my house and we'd go on a nice stroll. If you had been here on C-D longer, you would have known that I'm the resident "Central Aurora Booster", and probably the only one.

But really, you should give the area a closer gander.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:49 AM

151 posts, read 397,609 times
Am I the only one that finds this thread completely hysterical?

Old 12-21-2009, 12:17 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FentonForche View Post
Am I the only one that finds this thread completely hysterical?
You're right. It's so far off topic that it's best to close it.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver