Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:47 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,289,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethebigcity View Post
Are there any stores/restaurants that are not chains that are located only in the Denver area (or Colorado) that would be neat to check out?
let's see. depends on what you're into. maybe check out el chapultapec and some of the "pete's" places along east colfax (bunch of lounges and greasy spoons). dazzle jazz. el taco de mexico and patzcuaro's are pretty interesting. my brother's bar and wazee supper club are pretty bonafide denver of yore, too. must be missing something. maybe one of the rooftop/hi places downtown (tamayo, 27th floor of hyatt) for a view. tattered cover - either lodo or colfax. cool bookstore - kind of an institution around denver. if you like sports, there are some great sports stores around denver and boulder with incredible deals (tons of sponsored people that consign some of their free stuff, e.g.). there's a good rock shop in nederland (chrystals and fossils and chimes and things). that should keep you busy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 05:11 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,133 times
Thanks for all the information. As of right now I will probably be working in Denver. I do want to live downtown, if I can ($$ issues of course). I am bringing my car (can't give it up).
I'm getting excited. I still have paperwork to fill out & some other things to do, but hopefully I'll be moving out there soon. Flying out there to search for an apartment is up in the air right now..I have to find the best time.
I also have to say its great to know I'm going to move to a city where people seem to be very nice & helpful. Y'all are great

Oh- another question....are radar detectors legal in Denver & Colorado? I know they are illegal in DC & Virginia. I also know that there are some cities where they are illegal around where I live.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 AM

1,267 posts, read 3,289,004 times
don't know about radar detectors, but it's very cute how excited you're getting about the move. probably the way to go into it. best o luck with it all. i think you'll like it.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
don't know about radar detectors, but it's very cute how excited you're getting about the move. probably the way to go into it. best o luck with it all. i think you'll like it.
Thanks. I'm just excited to move to a new place, see new things & experience new stuff. I'm moving with an open mind & truthfully I can't wait for the winter. If we get a winter its a week at most - cold at night & in the morning & then the weather shoots up to 70 during the day.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:26 PM

3 posts, read 21,275 times
Default The Tech Center

I didn't live here when I was young and single, but most of my friends all loved the Wash Park area at that point in their lives. If you are looking for something a little more secure, than downtown, and less pricey than Cherry Creek, the Tech Center has a lot to offer. There are great apartments, condos, restaurants, gyms, light rail to downtown is very convenient... It's not going to feel the same as downtown Denver, but isn't exactly suburban, either. Definitely a lot of young professionals living in that area.

Old 07-21-2007, 08:48 AM

319 posts, read 493,951 times
Hmmmmmmmm ...

I wonder if the guy moved? Would love to hear from him now.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post
Hmmmmmmmm ...

I wonder if the guy moved? Would love to hear from him now.
Are you referring to me? I'm a female & I'll be signing my lease for my apartment on Sept. 1. I was out in Denver the weekend before the 4th & I LOVED it! I actually liked the heat (when you compare it to the sauna I live in now). I'm going to be living a bit farther than what I liked but it makes a lot more sense for me to live where I'll be living (car insurance costs, the light rail, etc.).

Old 07-23-2007, 08:01 PM

739 posts, read 2,949,003 times
Love theBig city- where did you end up deciding to live? I'm glad you liked it when you came out! Sounds like you'll be close to light rail! that's awesome.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:07 PM

I'm moving to Lone Tree. I like the area a lot & it has everything I need. Plus the area does remind me of home (Charlotte) a little bit.....except for.....you know, the views of the mountains (which we don't have close by Charlotte). I figure I'll give Lone Tree a shot & if & when I want to I can always move closer to Denver. I know it might be a long ride into work on the light rail, but I can handle it, especially if I don't have to drive it . I already drive 30-45 minutes one way to my current job. I'm excited & I wish I were moving now, but sadly, I'm not.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Just a quick update. I am here in Denver (got in yesterday) & I have pretty much everything done except sign my lease for my apartment which I will be doing in a few days. I've got my plates for my car (pretty quick IMHO), got the Driver's License this morning (or rather the temp. driver's license), & set up a bank account since BofA & Wachovia aren't out here. I have to say getting a driver's license was a piece of cake. Its also odd that I don't have my new driver's license right away (in my possession). I'm used to getting it right when I go & renew it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver