Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM

83 posts, read 102,383 times

Advertisements

Okay, so then the question would be - where would you guys recommend a young couple like us to move in Colorado? Assuming we have jobs in the Denver Tech or downtown area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 04:58 PM

1,176 posts, read 4,481,594 times
Quote:
How's the weather out there in Spokane? A lot of rain? cold winters?
You do realize Spokane is in the high desert right?

Quote:
In my opinion Castle Rock is not "outskirts". It's so far away as to be completely separate.
32 miles from downtown denver, 40 minutes with no traffic, well over an hour in traffic. This is not Los Angeles; Castle Rock is beyond the outskirts of Denver.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.wilson1984 View Post
Okay, so then the question would be - where would you guys recommend a young couple like us to move in Colorado? Assuming we have jobs in the Denver Tech or downtown area?
I recommended a central location, probably somewhere not too far from I-25, likely in Denver, Greenwood Village or "Englewood". Try zips 80210, 80222, 80237, 80111, 80112.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
You do realize Spokane is in the high desert right?
A green high desert chock full of pines, yes.

Last edited by Count David; 09-23-2009 at 07:06 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 06:46 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,757,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt.wilson1984 View Post
Where you initially stated still works Matt. You could even take the rail into either area from the south suburbs. If you want a family friendly place for when you decide to raise a child(like you initially stated), Highlands Ranch, Parker, or Castle Rock are among the most popular options available in Denver. If you want something a little more urban, there are options available, like Stapleton, but those areas are nestled inside of less than savory areas and are having crowding problems at schools because noone wants to go to the other crappier schools in that district.

In the end, if you want the suburbs, your initial cities work great.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:58 PM

8,937 posts, read 20,360,557 times
Hi Matt

Wife and I lived in Englewood (nice apartment/nice area next to Greenwood Village) and in Parker (bought a house there off of Parker Rd/behind Police Station). We were there for 5 1/2 years and loved it........except for the snowstorms sometimes. I had a job just north of the downtown area (2 miles north) and drove there five days a week from both Englewood and Parker........didn't bother me! From the apt. it was 18 miles to my office door; from Parker house it was about 28 miles to the office door. I wasn't involved in 8AM traffic because I had to be at work at 7AM.
Englewood was nice, but we did like Parker better! But, when we sold the house and moved out of Colorado in late 2007, the Parker area was getting more and more populated, more and more cars/traffic. I ran into very little traffic because of the hours I worked.....7AM-3:30PM except on Thursday/Fridays going home. Actually, living in So Calif and driving 40 to 50 miles to work sometimes, driving both 18 miles and 28 miles was a breeze for me! Highlands Ranch is nice and has a LOT of really professional people living there (doctors, lawyers, nurses.....those kinds). Depending on just how much Parker has grown since late 2007, that would be a very nice place to live......that is, if you can handle the drive. If you are working in DTC, you are VERY CLOSE! Even closer if you live in Englewood!
Due to two surgeries that I had, hip replacement-rotary cuff, we had to move away and get out of the winter months! The rotary cuff surgery was due to a fall in ice/snow. At 59-60 years old, I didn't want wife or I to fall again and be seriously hurt or disabled! But, even with the winter season, which we don't miss anymore at all, we did LOVE living south of Denver and living in the Front Range! Now we live/love northeastern Florida!
Good luck!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:19 PM

4 posts, read 9,840 times
I live in Highlands Ranch. It is a great area that is very family friendly.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:47 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
I also live in HR, but - Unless it is an age restricted community, I do not know of a place that is not "friendly" to all ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver