Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2009, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 18,855 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband might be offered a job in Denver or Aurora which is better for homeschooling? He works for one of the colleges and they have one in each city.

From my research thus far it appears that the homes in Denver are older and small. Many just have one bathroom which won't work for our family. We must have 2 bathrooms.

We are trying to stay under $950 if possible for a 3/2bath. I also see they say air cooling not air conditioning. What is the difference?

Ideally what are the advantages in living in either town. If he works in Denver I believe the colleges is downtown so what is the best city to look in. I believe the same applies to Aurora. Is there a bad part of town if you are a white person at home with no car during the day? I am not prejudice but I don't want to be scared at home. We have to rent from afar so we cannot see first. We also cannot live in an apt with 4 kids. So it has to a home.

I will know more after he meets with the lady on Saturday. Is there a benefit for Aurora versus Denver or vice versa? We pretty much stay home, go to parks and church but that is about it.

If anyone homeschools in this area I would appreciate some feedback on your experiences with the school districts and if it is difficult to comply.

Thanks for your time in reading and responding to my post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 12:30 PM

291 posts, read 911,275 times
Air cooling means the home is cooled with a swamp cooler vs A/C. Swamp coolers work well in our dry climate and are cheaper to operate. You're right, most homes in Denver are old, and the newer ones in Stapleton and Lowery will be too expensive. You'll find more in Aurora. The further south and west you go will work the best, as you try to balance that against your rental goal, which will be very tough to hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: