Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2009, 10:50 AM

581 posts, read 2,298,097 times

Advertisements

I have used them in the past but stopped using them in June after
several times having my cell phone disconnected even though I had
minutes and they weren't expired. Calling customer service to turn
my phone back on all the time was a pain so stop using them.

Are there other super cheap options out there? It seems like all
the traditional cell phone companies charge you like $40 and month
plus $10 in taxes. $50 a month for the convenience isn't worth it
to me.

So are there any other cheap options out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2009, 11:32 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,940,290 times
Most of the prepaid services like Net10 aren't known for customer service, but for infrequent users they can be a good option. Other options to look into are Cricket (they have both prepaid and postpaid, but have a somewhat limited network), Virgin Mobile (sprint network), plus Straight Talk (verizon network), and tracphone (also verizon network).

T-Mobile's prepaid is also not bad -- not as cheap as the aforementioned but customer service is likely better -- likely the best of the "traditional" carriers.

Old 09-19-2009, 04:22 PM

36 posts, read 86,930 times
id pay a lil more for the better service. when i did contractor jobs i had prepaid phones with boostmobile, att go phones and tmobile. they were pretty good.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:25 PM

581 posts, read 2,298,097 times
Thanks guys.. Looks like I'll just head down to walmart and pick out the best pre-paid
deal again which will probably be net10.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 PM

36 posts, read 86,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom63376 View Post
Thanks guys.. Looks like I'll just head down to walmart and pick out the best pre-paid
deal again which will probably be net10.
i just saw an ad for net10 in walmart or bestbuys magazine today. $30 for a phone and 300mins over 60days is really good. first time ive ever heard of the company, retailers dont sell em in SoCal ...

Old 09-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Nav

346 posts, read 1,485,467 times
Net10 has also changed their model in the last year. Now, the both the minutes and expiration dates get added to the previous balance instead of just adding the airtime and resetting the expiration clock. Plus, if you change phones, they will roll both the minutes and days to the new phone as well. Coverage is a bit spotty at times, especially if you are in the fringe areas, but if you primarily use it in town, you should always get good reception.

Nav :Cool:

Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 PM

7 posts, read 24,247 times
I have a Net10 prepaid phone and I LOVE it! I had a contract phone but had terrible service when up in the mountains.....dropped calls....can you hear me now?? I am really not a big phone person....so I got tired of the $55 a month and decided to go with a prepaid phone. I use the phone in the mountains and never have a problem with it. It is nothing fancy....just a general flip phone....but works just great for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver