Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 05:26 PM

59 posts, read 200,179 times

Advertisements

We used to live in the area and my sister still does. I think the schools k-5 aren't bad, my daughter went to K-2 there and I liked the schools.
One thing though is that my sister went to middle school at Overland and the kids were rather...cough, cough....advanced when it came to drugs and sex in my opinion. Also my sister had issues with fights often but this was also 10 years ago. So things may have changed.

When I lived there I worked in downtown Denver and I didn't think it was that bad and the homes are a great bang for your buck. They also have a really nice rec center for kids in Brighton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 05:31 PM

59 posts, read 200,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Love EBKK View Post
Brighton park is a horrible place to let your kids grow up. Too many gangmembers roam the streets day and night. Brighton park is considered to be called a "Murder Zone" The media doesnt like and do not go through that neigborhood because i know many gangmembers that have died and gotten shot there and you hear nothing about it in the news. We are a forgotten neighborhood. elementary schools there are good but the high schools are BAD!
LOL Yes, rather confused. No way is Brighton, CO "Murder Zone"

Old 11-24-2009, 11:57 AM

345 posts, read 913,637 times
LOL Brighton is not a murder zone! It is a smaller town but growing. The area near I-76 and 144th has a lot of nice new stores that opened in the past 3 years. I work over there. Not a ton of activites to do but it is not far from places that do have them. They do have a pool that costs kids a dollar to go to. A really nice new movie theater that we go to.

The schools do have some gang issues as do many. My husband worked for the county and we looked into it before we moved. Talked to the counselor and etc. She said it was there but not awful.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:47 AM

33 posts, read 134,548 times
Just wondering if anyone else had anything to add about Brighton -- is there much of a town there, or is it mostly a collection of newer houses without much of a neighbourhood feel?

Also, are there any NE suburbs of Denver that might be worth considering for someone who worked in Brighton but wanted more of a big-city feel? (Point to consider: we have two young children, so schools, crime, recreation are all factors here...)

Old 10-11-2010, 06:46 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,920,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrv0us View Post
Just wondering if anyone else had anything to add about Brighton -- is there much of a town there, or is it mostly a collection of newer houses without much of a neighbourhood feel?

Also, are there any NE suburbs of Denver that might be worth considering for someone who worked in Brighton but wanted more of a big-city feel? (Point to consider: we have two young children, so schools, crime, recreation are all factors here...)
There is a town there, a typical (fairly cute) American plains town. The newer subdivisions and big-boxes are all around the edges.

If you wanted to commute from somewhere in Central Denver, you probably could, as there isn't much traffic going east up I-76 in the morning. Otherwise, the NE suburbs are either small-towns, new subdivisions, industrial, or rural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver