Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2009, 09:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,613 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I (29 year olds) are moving to Denver after Thanksgiving. I'll be working from home so I'm looking for 2 bedroom apts in the $1000-1300 price range with utilities included. I'm looking for an area where I can walk to restaurants and bars and possibly live music as well as parks. I'm also specifically looking for an area where I can pop out of the house during the day and grab lunch or work from a coffee shop. I don't want to go crazy in the home in office.

Capital Hill seems to be a great place with affordable rent for most of my criteria. My company also has a small office in Capital Hill so if I needed to go in it would be really convenient. I'm just not sure if there are places to work from during the day/give me a chance to get out of the house and get a change of scenery. So, looking for some insight on this. I'm also considering Highlands and LoDO.

Last bit, I'm hoping to ski every weekend as well. Is there any advantage to living, say, in the Highlands over Capital Hill as far as ease of highway access?

Any insight and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 AM

1,176 posts, read 4,483,838 times
There is much more to do on the east side of I-25.

Access to the mountains is easy enough, take 6th Ave west.

LoDo is really rather dead during the day and can be a bit nuts when the bars let out. It also lacks many conveniences, grocery stores, gas stations, etc. A good place to visit, maybe not so much to live.

Capitol Hill, Uptown (North Capitol Hill and parts of City Park West) are probably your best bet for good access to everything with plenty to do. Colfax has a number of music venues, 17th Ave has quite a few places to eat. City Park and Cheeseman Park are nearby and South Broadway is close too.

Old 10-16-2009, 08:07 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,511,088 times
You're probably not going to find a 2 BR in Lodo for $1300 but there is a great area just north of Lodo sometimes called "Ballpark" that is really cool and a little cheaper. Otherwise, Capitol Hill and Uptown near 17th are good bets. Any of the areas mentioned have easy access to the freeways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: