Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 06:44 PM

99 posts, read 390,623 times

Advertisements

As anyone had experience with any rental car companies at the airport? Will need to rent a car and are flying into Denver. Every city has good and bad ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 07:20 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,948,125 times
I didn't have a problem with Advantage.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:21 PM

42 posts, read 166,759 times
We always use National and they are great. Great rates and friendly service can't ask for much more;-)

Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 AM

1,921 posts, read 4,776,236 times
Not sure about DIA but most places I've been National/Alamo have been the best for the price. There are also many promotional and coupon codes out there and it can make a difference between paying $900 or $300, so plug in as many different numbers as you can to find the best savings.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:51 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,193,983 times
I've had good experiences with all of them at DIA.

The "best deal" on an given rental time frame is to do your due diligence on-line before you come to Denver. Use every possible discount program option open to you ... an association membership, travel promo, discount coupons, whatever ...

Don't forget to vary the time frame of the rental on the quotes to see if there's a difference. For example, I've needed a car for 3 days, but the 4-day rental was much less money per day and for the total cost. Since a lot of the quotes are for a 24 hour time period day starting from when you actually rent the car ... I've had it work out where if I gave the agent my flight schedules, I would have had a 22 hour rental on my last day and it worked out to be the three day rate. By telling them my preferred time frame, I ran over the 24 hours on my last day and it then became a "4-day" rental, oh, sorry, but you'll have to pay for the full 24 hours even though you need the car for just a few. I just "happened" to get to the airport "early" on my last day in town and dropped the car off a couple of hours early.

You may also find that your arrival day may make a difference. Plan your trip, if you can, to give you a better rate. I've had some "free days" result on business trips around the country when it worked out to arrive a day or two earlier than needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver