Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 05:00 PM

40 posts, read 175,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiego View Post
This is my first post here. I am 27 yr old single male.
How is Denver for a single young professional (IT field)? I'd like a few pointers on locations. And since I'd be renting, I'd like a nice place, near everything; wouldn't mind being downtown either. A live nightlife would be important since I'd be going by myself and would love to meet new people.

Any pointer/tips are greatly appreciated, and maybe see you on the slopes!

I think Denver would be the perfect move for you! I also just made the move, right out of college found a job and love what Denver has to offer. I agree with everyone that LODO would be the best place to start looking. The lofts/condos down town can be really nice and are the perfect location. You can walk to almost everything you need, and the night life, great you will love it! You will be a couple hours from the ski resorts but it's well worth it to head up there for the weekends! Good Luck With Your Move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 PM

401 posts, read 855,267 times
Do you camp overnight when hiking in the mountains or is not a good idea?
I cannot wait until I can get my family over there.
The sheer beauty of that place helps with stress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
I took that pic about 4 miles into a hike I was doing. I was trying to get to an alpine lake but lost the trail under the snow and couldn't go any farther.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:58 AM

261 posts, read 704,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post

You won't see as many people w/tattoo in CO as FL.
Really? I would say the opposite. It seems a lot more normal around Denver, lots of tattooed people.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:00 AM

261 posts, read 704,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFrench View Post
Do you camp overnight when hiking in the mountains or is not a good idea?
I cannot wait until I can get my family over there.
The sheer beauty of that place helps with stress.
It's a great idea.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 909 times
Hey Odiego!

Just do it...do it now, whatever it takes come to the Denver area while you're young...if not Denver, then where? Chicago is cool...but seriously cold. The quality of life here is pretty good coupled with spectactular scenery. I miss the ocean at times, and when i do, I hop on a non-stop flight to LA to visit my buddy in Hermosa Beach...cheap flight.

You may huff and puff for awhile, but you'll acclimate...I have heart disease and still participate in outdoor activities. I came here 8 years ago from Florida for a 3 month ski vacation and am still here. I recently returned from a trip to Florida in October and I swear the heat and humidity almost killed me...they were having a heat wave...yeah right, it's a constant heat wave. I couldn't wait to return...and when i did it snowed TWO FEET just before Halloween...beautiful, then 70% of it melted in two days.

Good Luck!

Smitty
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: