Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 10:10 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,194,864 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a move from the Tucson area to the Denver area for retirement. Has anyone done this?

How do Tucson and Denver differ as cities, apart from the weather?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Perhaps you can tell us why you want to move from Tucson to Denver. Tucson is considered one the best retirement destinations. We know the weather is much different but what makes Denver so much more appealing in retirement.

I have been to Tucson on a business trip and I was very impressed. I think I could actually live there and it would be beneficial for the arthritis that afflicts me. In addition, I love Hispanic culture.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 AM

2,841 posts, read 3,194,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
Perhaps you can tell us why you want to move from Tucson to Denver. Tucson is considered one the best retirement destinations. We know the weather is much different but what makes Denver so much more appealing in retirement.
As I get older I find the heat more and more intolerable. This may also have to do with health problems I have. As soon as it gets cool in about November, I feel energized again. Climate change promises more and more heat, and drought, in the future. I researched climate in a variety of places and decided that Colorado, with it's sunnier climate as compared to say Montana or Washington, was the best place for me.

Also the economic and political situation in Arizona is increasingly grim. Arizona is second only to California in economic problems. Decisions made now will have a negative impact years into the future.

Why Denver? Well, Ft. Collins was my first choice but it may be I can't afford real estate that is convenient to services there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: