Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM

11 posts, read 23,766 times

Advertisements

So from anyone who posts on this thread you would say Littleton is a good place for an 18 year old moving out for the first time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 AM

11 posts, read 23,766 times
Thank you so much for the posts. All would agree that Littleton is a good place for a new 18 year old moving out for the first time?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:43 AM

18,213 posts, read 25,850,946 times
It is by me. It's been 16 years since I lived there, but I liked it fine. Restaurants that I liked were within walking distance, people were friendly. I hear ACC these days is a real good school, I assume that's where you are going.

Good luck!

Old 12-18-2009, 11:15 AM

151 posts, read 397,499 times
It's definitely a good place to be...the only kicker would be whether or not it's a good place to be at 18. And that really depends upon your personality more than anything else.

If it were me at 18, I might have been happier living in Capitol Hill and going to CCD (I'm assuming you want to be at a 2 year school, otherwise Metro and UCD would be options too). A plus to that option would be that it would be a lot easier to go carless and spend the money you would need for that on other things (or save it).

Old 12-18-2009, 01:06 PM

5,529 posts, read 12,666,240 times
OP, Littleton is a suburb of Denver, which means that when you drive down the road you go from Denver to Sheridan or Englewood to Littleon with no separation or indication that you are leaving the metropoliton area. It's not like a distinct small town on its own.

Littleton's population is 40,000-45,000, so not much of a "small" town. There are a lot of Littleton mailing addresses that are not really in the city limits, but people still say they live in Littleton. Arapahoe Community College is in Littleton and is just south of the main street that other posters have mentioned. I've always liked the fact that Littleton has kept it's identify over the years and has a lot of neat shopping, museums, a small theater, and other community events.

If you are at the college, it's an easy walk over to the Platte River trail, where you can hike for hours. Even get to see some wildlife.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:08 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,937,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassnelson View Post
So from anyone who posts on this thread you would say Littleton is a good place for an 18 year old moving out for the first time?
It sure is.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:14 AM
tew

209 posts, read 633,423 times
there are some cool things about Littleton. just wondering Cassnelson where are you moving from?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveindenver View Post
Light Rail does not take you into LoDo. Close though.

No. Not in any way part of the urban Denver environment.
Union Station isn't considered LoDo? Edit: saw the answer already. I should've read farther first.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 PM

5 posts, read 14,055 times
I'm a high school teacher in Littleton and have lived in the Littleton area for years, among other suburbs. I would say that Littleton is very safe compared to downtown Denver, and the light rail is fantastic. Littleton is more of a suburb now, with the city grown around it, but like others have said it has a great main street with lots of charm. As a mother and as a teacher, I'd say you're making a good choice and I'd feel good about one of my children moving there as opposed to in Denver, for safety, security, and access to nature. I'd say living in Denver would be more fun if you were 24 and had lived in a big city all your life, but as a small town girl at just 18 I'd say take it slow and ease into the urban lifestyle. You can go to ACC for 2 years then transfer to Metro State to finish up, but if you go to Metro or CCD or CU Denver which are all on the Auraria Campus in Denver with a light rail stop right there, you get a FREE light rail and bus pass as part of your paid tuition, which is about the same price as ACC but you get a LOT more course offerings. If you have your heart set on ACC, try there for a semester because it is in your comfort zone, but check out Auraria campus schools ASAP when you move here. Just so many more opportunities to get involved in community, better classes and teachers, more to do and see, more clubs to join like hiking and camping clubs, much easier to meet people and make friends than at ACC according to my former students who have come back to let me know how they're doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver