Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 AM

25 posts, read 70,460 times

Advertisements

Hello again,

I found this propertu as an option. I can't find any reviews on Apartment ratings website. Has anyone rented there recently?
Their website is HUNTINGTON APARTMENTS :: LAKEWOOD, CO :: HAPPY TO BE HOMEâ„¢ :: CARMEL APARTMENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:02 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
There are reviews on apartmentratings.com. Do a google search for
Huntington apartments lakewood reviews

It's there. Sounds again like not the best of places to rent. I'm not all that surprised since it's so near Lincoln High School, which is kind of a rough school. I didn't realize that school was so far west. I rode my bike through the area all the time on Bear Creek bikepath as a kid, so it's not like the neighborhood is super dangerous or anything. But I never was a huge fan of the area. And you can probably find a nicer apartment complex for the price.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:13 AM

25 posts, read 70,460 times
I heard that I could get descent apartments in Lakewood so I kinda focust there for now.
My first choice is Village at Bear Creek. Village at Bear Creek Apartments - 2605 S. Miller Dr. - Lakewood - EquityApartments.com

It has 76% recommendation on apartment ratings website. Their office told me they don't have a playground but kids go across the street to Bear Creek elementary school on off days to play. I see couple of golf courses close by. Is ther a park as well there or it's closed for nongolfers?
Do you think that we can do better in Littleton? I haven't check there much.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexy View Post
I heard that I could get descent apartments in Lakewood so I kinda focust there for now.
My first choice is Village at Bear Creek. Village at Bear Creek Apartments - 2605 S. Miller Dr. - Lakewood - EquityApartments.com

It has 76% recommendation on apartment ratings website. Their office told me they don't have a playground but kids go across the street to Bear Creek elementary school on off days to play. I see couple of golf courses close by. Is ther a park as well there or it's closed for nongolfers?
Do you think that we can do better in Littleton? I haven't check there much.
This sounds better than that other one. That other one sounded like a dump where the managers are bad. If this one's close enough to the city for your tastes, it should be fine. Doesn't look like there's any bus that goes out that far. You can always find a new place after a year.

You can find good apartments in Littleton, sure. Same with Englewood, Jeffco south of Hampden (unincorporated Jefferson County), Lakewood, Denver.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:15 PM

664 posts, read 2,065,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

It's there. Sounds again like not the best of places to rent. I'm not all that surprised since it's so near Lincoln High School, which is kind of a rough school. I didn't realize that school was so far west. I rode my bike through the area all the time on Bear Creek bikepath as a kid, so it's not like the neighborhood is super dangerous or anything. But I never was a huge fan of the area. And you can probably find a nicer apartment complex for the price.
Lincoln High School? Not even close. Kennedy High School is reasonably close but still a ways away.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicheesefries View Post
Lincoln High School? Not even close. Kennedy High School is reasonably close but still a ways away.
Thank you chilicheesefries, I was about to say the same thing.

For the record, Lincoln is 3.6 miles away (the way the crow flies) from those apartments, more than far enough away to be shielded from its influence.

Kennedy isn't too far, and from what I understand, is not nearly as rough (likely not even rough at all) as Lincoln.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilicheesefries View Post

Lincoln, Kennedy. Whatever. They're both Presidents. I could never get those two straight in my mind.

But still, apartment ratings suggests the place is a dump.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:42 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Lincoln, Kennedy. Whatever. They're both Presidents. I could never get those two straight in my mind.

But still, apartment ratings suggests the place is a dump.
Apartment ratings also suggest that people who want to rate apartments are likely not happy with them.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Apartment ratings also suggest that people who want to rate apartments are likely not happy with them.
Not true. The place I'm staying has an 83% recommended rating. Another place I've stayed has a 62% recommended. The other place she mentioned (on Kipling) has a 76% approval rating. The Huntington apartments has a 28% approval rate.

Now, I've said before, you can't trust that site completely, and people tend to be a bit negative there. But the reviews of this apartment complex are very bad. I'd recommend looking elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver