Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM

152 posts, read 617,758 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any first hand experience living in this area? I'm looking at renting one of the Rail Yard Condos on 33rd and Blake, but the area feels sketchy and more than that I'm concerned about someone breaking into the home.

The lofts are amazing, but the area is a desolate wasteland of warehouses. It's not far at all from downtown, but the walk there would be bleak.

Advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 08:13 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,417 times
I've lived at 32nd and Blake (Fireclay lofts) for 5 years and it's a great neighborhood. It's a little more industrial feeling than Lodo but I kind of like that. In a few years, I'm sure it will be just like Lodo though. The advantage now is that it is VERY quiet at night and there is tons of unrestricted street parking.... something you'll never find a few blocks south. It's also good if you have a dog since everything isn't concrete. There is about a 3 block "desolate" area between 31st and Broadway but it's not that bad. Or you can cab it downtown for $5. Also the Walnut Room just around the corner is a great neighborhood hangout / live music venue.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:25 AM

75 posts, read 206,409 times
I looked at the Rail Yard lofts a couple of years ago and had the same questions. Ultimately I think we decided that we didn't want my wife walking around there at night, and just couldn't deal with the neighboring abandoned warehouses. The loft in particular that we loved had that view across Blake. Amazing lofts though!

We asked the sales person about that warehouse across the street, and she said that some guy owns a bunch of places like that, and figured he would sell eventually but wasn't sure when. Based on that we figured we shouldn't plan on anything changing.

I have some friends who have lived in the area though and had no regrets or problems. Just a personal decision I suppose. I just couldn't drop 400k on a place with a view like that.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 3,316 times
I'm considering a purchase at Fireclay and I have some of the same concerns about the neighborhood, but feel like the stretch on Blake between 27th and 30th is the unknown to me at this point. whoisjongalt, could you shed some light on what a walk might be in this 3 block area at night? I'm not concerned if there is a Rockies game going on, just those winter nights when it will be dark on my walk home from downtown. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:42 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,507,417 times
Fireclay is a great development. I'd definitely recommend it. I've lived there 5 years now but I'm getting ready to list my place because I want to move to the mountains. Even though that 2-3 block stretch is pretty deserted, I've noticed more people in the last year or so walking it at night. I suspect that is due to increased development at Fireclay and Railyard Lofts. It's not that it is dangerous. It's just deserted. And if you feel uncomfortable, you can always walk down Walnut (one block over) and cut across to Blake. It has a few more businesses that are open later in those blocks north of Broadway. I've also noticed a lot people who work downtown have scooters or bikes rather than walking but it's only a matter of time before that whole stretch is developed.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:34 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,181,165 times
If you click on the link you can type in the intersection and it will map all of the crimes that occurred within a specific range for specific dates.

DenverMaps Report
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver