Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 04:00 PM

29 posts, read 36,456 times

Advertisements

Hi all -
Am new to Highlands Ranch and looking for a non-Starbucks coffee shop that makes a great expresso. Bonus points if the shop also serves some high quality pastry. C'mon CDers - your advice has always been spot on for every part of the country I've asked you about

I just want a great expresso brew. At this point I'm hiking up the Peet's in Cherry Creek. Surely there's great coffee somewhere in Highlands Ranch???

Tkyia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 04:08 PM

11,826 posts, read 34,430,278 times
Common Grounds?

Old 10-01-2016, 04:37 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Heard from friends that live down there that Enchanted Grounds and Festive Cup Coffee are both pretty good (I've not been to either)

Old 10-03-2016, 08:40 AM

387 posts, read 638,056 times
I'd like to know what "expresso" is. If it's some sort of specialty drink, then I don't know. If you're looking for a good cup of espresso, however, Festive Cup isn't bad.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:03 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStafford View Post
I'd like to know what "expresso" is. If it's some sort of specialty drink, then I don't know. If you're looking for a good cup of espresso, however, Festive Cup isn't bad.
It is a faster version of espresso.

Old 10-04-2016, 06:48 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,182,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStafford View Post
It's something that used to be a "presso", but no longer is.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:11 AM

2,453 posts, read 3,605,052 times
Interesting that the OP hasn't gotten any real info except for the obvious Starbucks and a couple of suggestions for coffee shops they've heard of but haven't been to. Maybe we don't have any Highlands Ranch residents on city-data?

Anyway, OP, rather than go all the way to Cherry Creek for your Peets fix, there is a Peets in Streets at Southglenn a few doors north of Whole Foods. Streets at Southglenn is located at S. University and Arapahoe Road. Probably much closer for you.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:19 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,193,137 times
Highlands Ranch is very much suburbia, so I'm guessing that you'll mostly encounter chain coffee shops in the area.

A quick Google Map search produced this info:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/c.../data=!3m1!4b1

The only non-chains I see are Enchanted Grounds and Festive Coffee Cup. The rest are chains like Starbucks, Einstein Bros. Bagels, and Lamar's Donuts.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:42 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Highlands Ranch is very much suburbia, so I'm guessing that you'll mostly encounter chain coffee shops in the area.

A quick Google Map search produced this info:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/c.../data=!3m1!4b1

The only non-chains I see are Enchanted Grounds and Festive Coffee Cup. The rest are chains like Starbucks, Einstein Bros. Bagels, and Lamar's Donuts.
I live in HR and you nailed it. We are the chain restaurant mecca of the metro area. I only go to Starbucks and that is to get green tea so I am no help whatsoever.

Now if you were looking for a brew pub there are plenty of choices.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:33 PM

194 posts, read 273,148 times
Hey Peets fan!!

There is a Peets at the Streets of Southglenn in Centennial. I would drive to Boulder if I had to...nothing beats the Peet. I have to buy my beans in store now cause dumb King Soopers & Safeway stop carrying my blend.

BTW online Costco has $100 worth of Peets cards for $79.99. Peets has a new phone app you can combine all the cards into one if you want (they send five $20 cards).

Quote:
Originally Posted by merclo View Post
Hi all -
Am new to Highlands Ranch and looking for a non-Starbucks coffee shop that makes a great expresso. Bonus points if the shop also serves some high quality pastry. C'mon CDers - your advice has always been spot on for every part of the country I've asked you about

I just want a great expresso brew. At this point I'm hiking up the Peet's in Cherry Creek. Surely there's great coffee somewhere in Highlands Ranch???

Tkyia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver